Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Chapelle's Show not coming back?  (Read 2118 times)

karl marx

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Chapelle's Show not coming back?
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2005, 02:19:41 PM »
I'd want to discontinue making that show too if a whole bunch of annoying fuckers came up to me every day saying "I'm Rick James, female dog."  that *&^% was annoying enough to me when I went to the bars a month after the show aired, I can't imagine what that must have been like for him.

PSUDSL08

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LS #'s
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2005, 04:47:46 PM »
J u aren't the only one..some of the skits were funny.. but most were str8 coonery >:(

I thought the show was funny as hell until white folks thought it gave them a Ghetto pass. Then I had to sit back and think, but I still think it's funny.

How do you define a ghetto pass?

kccole

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2005, 08:24:12 PM »
We talked about this damn near all day today,and I know, I'm not seeing $0.02 out of the 50 million that his dumb ass is not getting anyway. But it just irks me...galls me..bothers...  frustrates and pisses me off to no end when I see a brother blow THIS BIG of an opportunity for so dumb of a reason....I mean..it defined the term "dumb ass". Man!!!!!!!!  How many opportunities do we get in MEDIA...and what - this guy wants to have a nervous breakdown because of...because of what? what dave??? too much f*cking money...I don't get it. You thought the show was getting too cooned out...it probably was...you have creative autonomy..carte blanche to make executive decisions on content...CHANGE THE SH*T...don't just run away like Jennifer Wilbanks. Black comedians were getting WORK...VISIBILITY. He had creative control plus a percentage of future royalties- an opportunity he WILL NEVER see again...and he blew it. You blew it Dave...you dumb ass....Big thumbs down! Somebody slap him!

Get Right, or get Left!!!!

TrojanChispas

• Sr. Citizen
  • , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2005, 08:30:11 PM »
See, maybe some of his stuf was "coonery" but a lot of it was funny because it was incisively funny.  The black white supremacist had so many implicaitons that it was bigger than a comedy sketch.  And Black Bush was about the funniest political lampoon I have ever seen; white people may not have understood how it looked until that sketch.

yay or nay?
Arab Majority May Not Stay Forever Silent
http://www.nysun.com/article/36110?page_no=1

kccole

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2005, 09:00:11 PM »
See, maybe some of his stuf was "coonery" but a lot of it was funny because it was incisively funny.  The black white supremacist had so many implicaitons that it was bigger than a comedy sketch.  And Black Bush was about the funniest political lampoon I have ever seen; white people may not have understood how it looked until that sketch.

yay or nay?
yay!
Get Right, or get Left!!!!

_BP_

• Sr. Citizen
  • Think. Wait. Fast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2005, 10:41:34 PM »

yay or nay?
yay!

yay!
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
1776 TO 2006

Victor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2005, 10:11:58 AM »
The show was highly overrated. And people who said lines from the show in public are lame.

In addition, if you watch the show, you will notice that the funniest stuff came from Charlie Murphy. I think the overall pressure just got to Dave Chapelle.