Law School Discussion

Chapelle's Show not coming back?

kccole

• View Profile
Re: Chapelle's Show not coming back?
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2005, 11:01:04 PM »
Although I think he got a little carefree with the "N" word last season, I'm gonna miss it! It was rumored that he had half of season 3 complete before he wigged out. I wonder if they'll release it?

I heard the same on some radio morning show a few months back; also heard that they will air the half season recorded.

I hope so! Dave must have really been shook to leave like that. But oh well!

Ragnar Danneskjold

• Atlas Shrugged...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2005, 11:07:35 PM »
That show was educational too. I learned a lot from Knee High Street about disease. It also taught me what Skeet Skeet! meant.

I hope they bring that show back, but put it on HBO or something. That way, he won't have any borders.

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2005, 09:43:16 AM »
Not surprised really. I wish him, his family, and co-stars the best. But seriously, am I the only person who didn't think his show was that funny?  I could never really get into his show :-\

Yeah, I couldn't get in to it. Sorry.  :-\

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2005, 10:06:07 AM »
J u aren't the only one..some of the skits were funny.. but most were str8 coonery >:(

Young Esq.

• B-More Careful
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2005, 10:07:56 AM »
J u aren't the only one..some of the skits were funny.. but most were str8 coonery >:(

I thought the show was funny as hell until white folks thought it gave them a Ghetto pass. Then I had to sit back and think, but I still think it's funny.

Made4law

• "to boldly go, where no man has gone before"
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2005, 10:10:47 AM »
If anything comes out of that show I hope it is a "Black Real World"...that was some funny ish...O' and how about the Prince playing basketball, "shirts vs. blouses" :D :D

j.rosh

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2005, 10:12:09 AM »

I thought the show was funny as hell until white folks thought it gave them a Ghetto pass. Then I had to sit back and think, but I still think it's funny.

This may seem offbase to some, but whenever I saw his show, I always thought of that movie Bamboozled.

Made4law

• "to boldly go, where no man has gone before"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2005, 10:18:53 AM »

This may seem offbase to some, but whenever I saw his show, I always thought of that movie Bamboozled.

Ooooh, that's so true it hurts.....It did make me a tad bit uncomfortable when watching it in "mixed" company...I like the HBO idea, I think they would jump all over it, but Comedy Central let him say and do anything...What more could he do outside of nudity, the language was already strong.

« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2005, 11:02:04 AM »
me too!!!! we talked about this about a month or so ago when he went to Africa

lex19

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2005, 11:25:44 AM »
yeah i never really got into his show, i thought a lot of the skits were just distasteful and b/c his audience was mainly made up of young white males

me too!!!! we talked about this about a month or so ago when he went to Africa