Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Chapelle's Show not coming back?  (Read 2240 times)

kccole

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Chapelle's Show not coming back?
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2005, 01:01:04 AM »
Although I think he got a little carefree with the "N" word last season, I'm gonna miss it! It was rumored that he had half of season 3 complete before he wigged out. I wonder if they'll release it?

I heard the same on some radio morning show a few months back; also heard that they will air the half season recorded.

I hope so! Dave must have really been shook to leave like that. But oh well!

Get Right, or get Left!!!!

Ragnar Danneskjold

• Sr. Citizen
  • Atlas Shrugged...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2005, 01:07:35 AM »
That show was educational too. I learned a lot from Knee High Street about disease. It also taught me what Skeet Skeet! meant.

I hope they bring that show back, but put it on HBO or something. That way, he won't have any borders.
I'm an NYC boy, 153/3.3

ATTENDING: Santa Clara w/$$$
Accepted: Marquette($), Villanova, Howard, Univ. San Francisco($) 
Out: Boston College, Temple, Michigan State Univ.
Wait List: Seattle Univ., Univ. Pittsburgh, Rutgers-Newark, Syracuse

ScurvyWench

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2005, 11:43:16 AM »
Not surprised really. I wish him, his family, and co-stars the best. But seriously, am I the only person who didn't think his show was that funny?  I could never really get into his show :-\

Yeah, I couldn't get in to it. Sorry.  :-\

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2005, 12:06:07 PM »
J u aren't the only one..some of the skits were funny.. but most were str8 coonery >:(
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

Young Esq.

• Sr. Citizen
  • B-More Careful
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2005, 12:07:56 PM »
J u aren't the only one..some of the skits were funny.. but most were str8 coonery >:(

I thought the show was funny as hell until white folks thought it gave them a Ghetto pass. Then I had to sit back and think, but I still think it's funny.

Made4law

• Sr. Citizen
  • "to boldly go, where no man has gone before"
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2005, 12:10:47 PM »
If anything comes out of that show I hope it is a "Black Real World"...that was some funny ish...O' and how about the Prince playing basketball, "shirts vs. blouses" :D :D
"Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy."

j.rosh

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2005, 12:12:09 PM »

I thought the show was funny as hell until white folks thought it gave them a Ghetto pass. Then I had to sit back and think, but I still think it's funny.

This may seem offbase to some, but whenever I saw his show, I always thought of that movie Bamboozled.

Made4law

• Sr. Citizen
  • "to boldly go, where no man has gone before"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2005, 12:18:53 PM »

This may seem offbase to some, but whenever I saw his show, I always thought of that movie Bamboozled.

Ooooh, that's so true it hurts.....It did make me a tad bit uncomfortable when watching it in "mixed" company...I like the HBO idea, I think they would jump all over it, but Comedy Central let him say and do anything...What more could he do outside of nudity, the language was already strong.
"Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy."

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2005, 01:02:04 PM »
me too!!!! we talked about this about a month or so ago when he went to Africa

We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

lex19

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2005, 01:25:44 PM »
yeah i never really got into his show, i thought a lot of the skits were just distasteful and b/c his audience was mainly made up of young white males

me too!!!! we talked about this about a month or so ago when he went to Africa