Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Chapelle's Show not coming back?  (Read 2198 times)

TrojanChispas

• Sr. Citizen
  • , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
Chapelle's Show not coming back?
« on: August 03, 2005, 11:59:30 PM »
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050803/ap_en_tv/tv_chappelle_s_show;_ylt=AvTLuc.WmIxsMjTbl3FVInhxFb8C;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl

Chappelle's Show Is 'Done,' Murphy Says

Wed Aug 3, 2:26 PM ET

NEW YORK - Time to face the facts: Dave Chappelle's hit Comedy Central series isn't coming back, says one of its stars. "`Chappelle's Show' is over, man. Done," comic Charlie Murphy told TV Guide. "It took me a long time to be able to say those words, but I can say it pretty easy now, because it's the truth."
ADVERTISEMENT

Chappelle's sudden "spiritual retreat" to South Africa on the eve of his show's third season has left the series in limbo since May. About half of a new season had been filmed before Chappelle left, Murphy said.

"I'm disappointed it ended the way it did, but I'm not angry with anybody," he said. "`Chappelle's Show' was like the Tupac of TV shows. It came out, it got everybody's attention, it was a bright shining star, but it burned out and for some strange reason, it burned out quick."

Comedy Central has always said the door is open for Chappelle to return, spokeswoman Aileen Budow said Wednesday.

Network chief Doug Herzog met with Chappelle on June 3, but that has been their last communication, she said.

Murphy, the older brother of comic
Eddie Murphy, said his two seasons with Chappelle made him a star.

"Now I can go out and do stand-up," he said. "I'm getting movie offers. It's off the hook. Me getting to the next level or whatever's going to happen is going to come from the next things I do, but `Chappelle's Show' served its purpose and I'll always be grateful."
Arab Majority May Not Stay Forever Silent
http://www.nysun.com/article/36110?page_no=1

kccole

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Chapelle's Show not coming back?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2005, 12:04:55 AM »

That's a shame! I wonder if Comedy Central will ask for some of that money back?
Get Right, or get Left!!!!

j.rosh

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2005, 12:06:04 AM »
Not surprised really. I wish him, his family, and co-stars the best. But seriously, am I the only person who didn't think his show was that funny?  I could never really get into his show :-\

TrojanChispas

• Sr. Citizen
  • , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2005, 12:08:11 AM »
wow are you serious?  black bush, the black white supremacist, mud butt, rick james, "is wayne brady gonna hafta choke a female dog?", et al?  not funny?  are you sure you are a real person?

j.rosh

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2005, 12:10:47 AM »
wow are you serious?  black bush, the black white supremacist, mud butt, rick james, "is wayne brady gonna hafta choke a female dog?", et al?  not funny?  are you sure you are a real person?

:D Lol!  I'm a real person, but I'll admit it had its few moments.  The only thing I really liked was the Rick James segments.  Overall though, I wasn't really into the show...sorry :-[

PSUDSL08

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LS #'s
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2005, 12:12:49 AM »
That blows...I think he'll come around sometime in the future. It'll be like the family guy going on a little hiatus before coming back. Chappelle will realize that $25 mil a year to do a show is worth coming back to. Publicity stunt anyone?
I didn't think the Rick James or Prince skits were all that funny...However the spoofs on that history show were hilarious...you forgot to mention the Niggar family and the battle of the Kool Moe Dee concert..

TrojanChispas

• Sr. Citizen
  • , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2005, 12:14:55 AM »

:D Lol!  I'm a real person, but I'll admit it had its few moments.  The only thing I really liked was the Rick James segments.  Overall though, I wasn't really into the show...sorry :-[

no prob, it's just that you are probably the first person that I have heard say that

That blows...I think he'll come around sometime in the future. It'll be like the family guy going on a little hiatus before coming back. Chappelle will realize that $25 mil a year to do a show is worth coming back to. Publicity stunt anyone?
I didn't think the Rick James or Prince skits were all that funny...However the spoofs on that history show were hilarious...you forgot to mention the Niggar family and the battle of the Kool Moe Dee concert..

Racial draft, Samuel Jackson, Lil John, R Kelly's I wanna piss on you, ... I could go on and on

kccole

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2005, 12:15:18 AM »
Although I think he got a little carefree with the "N" word last season, I'm gonna miss it! It was rumored that he had half of season 3 complete before he wigged out. I wonder if they'll release it?
Get Right, or get Left!!!!

PSUDSL08

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LS #'s
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2005, 12:16:52 AM »

no prob, it's just that you are probably the first person that I have heard say that

Racial draft, Samuel Jackson, Lil John, R Kelly's I wanna piss on you, ... I could go on and on

ahh...the piss on you video is hilarious...my dad was crying laughing when I showed him that clip

j.rosh

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2005, 12:18:43 AM »
Although I think he got a little carefree with the "N" word last season, I'm gonna miss it! It was rumored that he had half of season 3 complete before he wigged out. I wonder if they'll release it?

I heard the same on some radio morning show a few months back; also heard that they will air the half season recorded.