Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Post Graduation Planning  (Read 1062 times)

Bob_Fosse

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Post Graduation Planning
« on: October 24, 2002, 12:01:03 PM »
At the time of registration it may seem like a long time before you need to think about what you are going to do next, but you really need to plan ahead.

Where do you want to work?  Somewhere in the US or over in Europe? How can you think of working abroad and what do you need to be able to?

There are conversion courses available in many areas of law.  The UK in particular welcomes bright grads (particularly the firms that have their sights on a US link or who already have one).

This can also be a route into a US firm through the back door.

There are very few organisations that offer a package to qualify to practise in the UK, but the University of London includes real flexibility in their external programme.

Take a look at their affiliated private companies - some offer great flexibility in the way that you study and will even take the time difference into account for a tutor chat room link.

They are able to offer a conversion course by distance learning and the U of L has examination links in the US.  I've been in the UK for 2 years now and apart from the weather I'm having a good time.

;)