Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Nightmare in Ithaca  (Read 2070 times)

pistolpete23

Nightmare in Ithaca
« on: August 03, 2005, 11:23:04 PM »
Fellow Aspiring Magistrates and Noblemen,

I was wondering if any of you had the similar misfortune of taking the June LSAT 05 at Ithaca College. We just so happened to lose power right before the test was scheduled to commence at 12:30 EST. We ended up having to wait over an hour just to take the test in a dining hall with the power still out. I should mention that I had to drive over 2 hours just to get up there from Oswego. The only good thing to come out of this fiasco was that we were provided with our own individual cafeteria tables versus the standard mini desks. Based on my experience, I would have to think that LSAC does not have any contigency plans set up in these types of situations. I feel like an asterik should be placed beside my LSAT score given the circumstances. Unlike the famous Hawthorne studies, I'm skeptical that this testing environment facilitated our performance. I'm surprised to find that no one else has mentioned this experience or anyone else has suffered from similar testing conditions.

dunson

Re: Nightmare in Ithaca
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2005, 12:08:09 AM »
how'd you score relative to your expectations? 

pistolpete23

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2005, 12:23:42 AM »
   Put it this way, I'll be retaking the test in October and even in December. I was shooting for a 160 and ended up in the low 150s. I'm hoping for a surprise free testing environment this time around.

SkullTatt

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2005, 02:09:47 PM »
Totally f*cked up... that is a good example of when you might consider canceling a score. I feel for you, I really hope that doesn't happen when I take my LSAT (probably will.)

allyreese

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2005, 02:35:18 PM »
Does anyone know, if this happens to you and you're going to cancel, do you have to take the test at all?  I mean, I think as soon as they told me I'd be in a dark cafeteria to do it, I'd start dialing the lsac to cancel... can you do that or do you have to actually sit down and fill in the circles?

HippieLawChick

• Sr. Citizen
  • Current 2L
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2005, 02:38:36 PM »
My understand was that if you didn't take the test, you couldn't cancel your score.  There was a girl who was crying during the break and the test administrator talked her into just sitting there and filling in circles so she wouldn't get a "didn't finish" on her records.