Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Holding off further Preptest until Sept....good idea?  (Read 516 times)

uwofresh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Holding off further Preptest until Sept....good idea?
« on: August 03, 2005, 11:16:00 PM »
I've been doing two preptests per week in addition to my TM hw, but today I decided to hold off further preptest until september.  The main reason is that I am still unstable in all three sections, My lr going up as high as 22 and as low as 16.  The same holds for LG where on certain occasions I get 19-22 right, and in another bomb and score 15.

I decided to just obsorb all that TM gives me, and just repeat the hws so I fully understand why I got certain questions wrong and right.  I realized that we won't be lectured so much on september, so i figure that I would do one preptest a day in september.

Is this a good idea?  Or should I still work on preptests once a week this month?  Any advice would be great.

uwofresh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Holding off further Preptest until Sept....good idea?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2005, 11:47:46 PM »
First of all, how are you doing 2 preptests a week ON TOP of your TM HW?  Is anyone else having trouble completing it all or is it just me??  Secondly, I was advised by my TM instructor to not touch a preptest until AT LEAST after the 7th lesson.  That way you will have a pretty good grasp of the material. HTH.

It only takes me one day to finish one lesson.  I don't really see any reason why they couldn't unless they're working or doing something else during the summer.  I'm scoring around 156 AVERAGE on the preptests, but the mistakes I make are very inconsistent.

P.S.  What's HTH? I see ppl using it all the time..

LSATguy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2005, 12:00:24 AM »
I'd say you start giving preptests after the second diag. at TM. That way you would know some of the important concepts and techniques and would have a lot of actaul LSAT practice ques. under your belt. I am thinking of doing the same. Hope i rock the second diag.  :)

dunson

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2005, 12:03:41 AM »
wow, i wish i didn't work full time.

willy, i hardly get them done myself.

OP: you can cut back a bit.  maybe one a week until september.  then crank it up. 

uwofresh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2005, 12:43:57 AM »
I'd say you start giving preptests after the second diag. at TM. That way you would know some of the important concepts and techniques and would have a lot of actaul LSAT practice ques. under your belt. I am thinking of doing the same. Hope i rock the second diag.  :)

I think you'll rock it.  I think that you just choked on the first diagnostic cause you weren't used to doing the preptest all at once.  Just relax and don't take it like you NEED to score higher.  Just don't set a specific standard.  I'm trying this take this advice myself actually. ;)

Dork Nowitzki

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2005, 01:23:32 AM »
HTH= Hope that helps.  HTH.

space wrangler

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2005, 08:09:23 AM »

It only takes me one day to finish one lesson. 

Wish I didn't have a full time job.  It takes me all week to finish both lessons.

maka nani

• LSD Obsessed
    • AOL Instant Messenger - redsox1079
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2005, 08:41:39 AM »
i work FT and have three UG classes...i hope i have time for the HW at least!  :-\
DON'T GO TO LAW SCHOOL YOU DUMB FUCKS.

yiplong

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2005, 12:35:36 PM »
In the meantime, I have having trouble finding a job. 

lsat

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2005, 01:47:38 PM »
I would begin after Lesson 10, after you learn all the good stuff.