« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2005, 12:15:08 PM »
scabies suck... jsia.
sometimes I put hot chinese mustard up my nose to see if I'm still alive

social drinker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: OCD?
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2005, 12:29:33 PM »
I'm not, like, freakishly dirty, I'm just not obsessed with clean. My aprtment's needs to be "picked up" more than it needs to be disinfected.

My big thing: when people ask to borrow my chapstick. And I'm such a chump, I always give it to them. I end up throwing it away and buying another one.

Same here.  Only my gf gets to use my chapstick.

varndawl

« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2005, 01:27:33 PM »
Maybe it's a personality trait among soon to be lawyers?

I think I'm certifiable. I have this thing where I count things. And I constantly rearrange things on my desk. At work I rearrange the icons on my desktop and constantly empty the recycle bin. I work for a printing company so I have to connect to like 12 different servers. I can't do anything until they are arranged the way I want them on the desktop.

It's insane really. I could go on...

maka nani

• LSD Obsessed
    • AOL Instant Messenger - redsox1079
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2005, 01:57:50 PM »
i count stairs
DON'T GO TO LAW SCHOOL YOU DUMB FUCKS.

beeline

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2005, 02:14:28 PM »
i don't have a thing with cleanliness - my apartment is evidence of that (though it's of the clean but cluttered variety). i think i'm even ok with sharing my chapstick (though i quit chapstick cold turkey after years of addiction), but i count things too, and the... uh... utensils that i have issues with i don't want anyone else using. i can't believe i'm admitting this, but i think i've had my morning coffee out of the same mug for about 2 years now and i won't let my s.o. anywhere near it.

ps: db - apparently you started a good thread since it's rated a visit from T, phanny, etc.;)

dbgirl

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2005, 02:23:27 PM »
I'm glad people are responding -- it makes me feel a little less odd.
Counting stairs? Never thought of that one.

Weird, I don't care about someone using my bathroom -- I don't like to use other people's bathrooms, it's part of my germ phobia.
I'm not real fond of drinking after people -- except for my boyfriend, but I'll do it if asked so I don't look like a nutjob.

Scurvy - it's nice to have a clean house. I'm always looking at the home decorating shows on TV and desperately want my house to look like that, down to the spotless floors, counters, etc.
When you have somebody dying because they are poor and black or poor and white or because of whatever they are ... that erases everything that's great about this country.

-TMcGraw

http://www.wm3.org/splash.php

maka nani

• LSD Obsessed
    • AOL Instant Messenger - redsox1079
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2005, 02:29:56 PM »
oh oh people think i am weird because i never touch a bathroom door handle.... :-\

i love how nortstrom has hand sanitizer right by the door

DON'T GO TO LAW SCHOOL YOU DUMB FUCKS.

ScurvyWench

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2005, 03:02:14 PM »

Scurvy - it's nice to have a clean house. I'm always looking at the home decorating shows on TV and desperately want my house to look like that, down to the spotless floors, counters, etc.

My house could easily be on one of those shows. I've been accused of being like Martha Stewart mor than once. . .

dbgirl

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2005, 03:05:51 PM »
Maka, Phan ... I don't like bathroom door handles either.
Of course, since they're usually the only way to get out of the bathroom, I usually just wash my hands after opening the door.
When you have somebody dying because they are poor and black or poor and white or because of whatever they are ... that erases everything that's great about this country.

-TMcGraw

http://www.wm3.org/splash.php

makotosan

• Sr. Citizen
  • Hey, I didn't know boys felt like this inside.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - simulatedasian
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2005, 03:06:25 PM »
I had OCD all through my childhood, but have mostly been able to train myself out of it, though not entirely. I spent the first 14 years of my life "untouching" everything (the act of touching something you touched again, especially if you touched it by accident, to "undo" the first touch, a very common OCD). Now I just have sudden hand-washing compulsions. Not nearly as bad.
Attending: Temple ($)
Accepted: Seton Hall (full $), St. John's (full $), Hofstra (full $), Lewis and Clark ($), Pitt ($)

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=makotosan

http://excessivedicta.blogspot.com/