Law School Discussion

OCD?

gailrules

Re: OCD?
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2005, 08:36:38 AM »
I'm not, like, freakishly dirty, I'm just not obsessed with clean. My aprtment's needs to be "picked up" more than it needs to be disinfected.

My big thing: when people ask to borrow my chapstick. And I'm such a chump, I always give it to them. I end up throwing it away and buying another one.

HippieLawChick

• Current 2L
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2005, 08:40:28 AM »
I worked with a woman who had OCD.  She used to use 12 different colored pens on her files that meant something specific to her, but to no one else in the office.  She would write notes on tiny little post it's and get mad if you couldn't read them.  She was responsible for verifying the accuracy of claims submitted by creditors (by comparing them with our valuation of collateral).  It would take her 20 minutes to do one claim, because she checked it like 10 times.  I eventually had to have her moved to another division of our holding company because she was so nuts.

She got treatment for a while and was OK, but as soon as she went off it, the insantiy returned.  She burned all of her wedding pictures and all the cards her hubby gave her b/c she "didn't want anyone impersonating me by using my photos after I die".  

Scarey!

HippieLawChick

• Current 2L
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2005, 08:41:02 AM »
I'm not, like, freakishly dirty, I'm just not obsessed with clean. My aprtment's needs to be "picked up" more than it needs to be disinfected.

My big thing: when people ask to borrow my chapstick. And I'm such a chump, I always give it to them. I end up throwing it away and buying another one.

I would rather die than let anyone use my chapstick.  That's crazy!

__

• Chowdah mmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2005, 08:42:28 AM »
I have EID
excessive impulsive disorder.

jsia

lp4law

• super genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2005, 08:42:43 AM »

This reminds me of my time in the Marines...we would share our canteens like it was nothing.  But I generally wouldn't do that with a civilian, unless it was my gf or something.

__

• Chowdah mmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2005, 08:50:12 AM »

This reminds me of my time in the Marines...we would share our canteens like it was nothing.  But I generally wouldn't do that with a civilian, unless it was my gf or something.

that's kinda hot

« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2005, 08:54:09 AM »
i obsess with budgets and bills too.....and my car...i hit the locky thing on my keyfob like three times to make sure it is locked and listen for the beeps. 

i'm sure there are other things i don't even notice  :-\

gailrules

« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2005, 08:59:11 AM »
Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and my head is spinning with things I want to post on LSD in the morning.

« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2005, 09:04:07 AM »
Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and my head is spinning with things I want to post on LSD in the morning.

That is insanity.

Of course, if you notice my first time stamp in this thread, you'll see I was doing the same thing! I couldn't sleep because I was freaking out about my LS budget.  :-X

gailrules

« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2005, 09:06:50 AM »
What can I say? You guys have creeped under my skin like a bad case of scabies!