Re: OCD?
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2005, 10:35:05 PM »
BAFF

ningirl

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2005, 10:39:50 PM »
Yeah.. I think I'm mild OCD..

I, like diaa, set multiple alarm clocks and check my door over and over. I also repeatedly check my hair iron and coffee pot to see if I turned them off, even though I can distinctly remember turning them off. I also have a lot of trouble reading, which worries me about LS. I reread to the point of insanity. I know exactly what a sentence is saying, but I reread it anyway. It's very frustrating. There are a few other things I have too... Sometimes I get really upset about it all.

DodgerLaw

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2005, 10:40:26 PM »
BAFF

dbgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2005, 11:27:52 PM »
I have a terrible habit of constantly checking people and animals for signs of life.
I used to worry a LOT when I had this Siamese fighting fish ... they barely move. That was a bad pet for me.

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2005, 04:17:14 AM »
I obsess about budgets and bills. (Sometimes, the obsession does me absolutely no good.) I also constantly think about cleanliness. Every day I think, should I scrub the bathroom today? It's been a day. I've gotten it under control though, even though I think about scrubbing the house with bleach every day, I only do it 1-2x a week. However, whenever I have a guest over, I can barely wait 'til they're out the door to start santizing after them. This is a problem/weird since I love having people over!  ???  ::)  :-[

« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2005, 06:13:50 AM »
, whenever I have a guest over, I can barely wait 'til they're out the door to start santizing after them.

Oh, man I didn't even want to bring that up but I'm glad you did.  This part bothers the hell out of me.  It almost pains me to let a person I don't know use my bathroom.  Dirty bastards... >:(

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2005, 08:25:25 AM »
I have a routine of things to check before I go to bed... the stove and oven, the hairdryer, hair straightener, toaster, all the decorative candles...   I have a huge fear about fires. Don't know why, but my boyfriend thinks I am crazy.  He is always like "what are you doing???" to try and catch me in the act.  After living together for almost 2 years now, I think he is used to it.  It's weird, I know, but I can't sleep if I don't make sure everything is off. 

I also do the re-reading thing like ningirl.  Sometimes I will even try to remember without looking at the page what I just read just to make sure I got it.  I was a philosophy/english major in college so you can imagine the amount of time I would spend reading.  I guess it's good cause I definitely get to the point where I understand EVERYTHING I am reading. 

God I really sound crazy.

__

• Chowdah mmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2005, 08:28:00 AM »
yay fire saftey.

a vague disclaimer is nobody's friend.

gailrules

« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2005, 08:31:16 AM »
You people probably never want to see my apartment

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2005, 08:34:14 AM »
You people probably never want to see my apartment

Probably not. My best friend in college was (to me) repulsively dirty. I would never go into her room or use her bathroom. I would stand in her doorway and go no further. I didn't care if I stood for hours, I was NOT going in! However, I did sneak in and clean her room and refrigerator a couple of times during the course of our friendship. It nearly killed me, but I felt so much better about it.

On another note, don't you hate in when people you consider dirty borrow your pens, use your keyboard, touch your phone, etc? Yuck. Talk about spreading germs!