Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: For people who got a loan thru CitiAssist  (Read 1586 times)

legalkitty

• Sr. Citizen
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my cat!
    • View Profile
For people who got a loan thru CitiAssist
« on: August 02, 2005, 11:50:11 AM »
How long did the whole process take from applying to the school getting the money or notification that they would be getting the money? I applied and got approved for my Citibank loan last week, and signed the promissory note. How long will it take for them to do the rest?

Sorry, I am just paranoid. I want all of this done!!
Attending: Widener PA!!
http://www.aldf.org

ErinKG

• View Profile
Re: For people who got a loan thru CitiAssist
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2005, 01:30:58 PM »
After I sent in the signed promissory note, I received a confirmation letter a week or so later. Once you get the confirmation, you are set until the school disburses the loan checks. Some schools do this a day or two before classes start (I think) and others do it the first week of classes.

If you are unsure or a little paranoid, call them and see what they say. I'm betting that you are good to go.

Erin

legalkitty

• Sr. Citizen
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2005, 01:50:17 PM »
After I sent in the signed promissory note, I received a confirmation letter a week or so later. Once you get the confirmation, you are set until the school disburses the loan checks. Some schools do this a day or two before classes start (I think) and others do it the first week of classes.

If you are unsure or a little paranoid, call them and see what they say. I'm betting that you are good to go.

Erin

Thanks, that makes me feel a little better. I know I am just being impatient, but I am so excited about school that I don't want anything to go wrong. I even worry about getting my federal loan, and that is guaranteed!! Thanks again!!! :)
Attending: Widener PA!!
http://www.aldf.org

michael23

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2005, 03:21:50 PM »
Is citiassist an independent loan outside of the school's COA? If so what is there website? Thanks in advance!

MSUDuster

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2005, 03:43:27 PM »
CitiAssist is a private loan. It's a subsidiary of CitiBank.

As per a loan outside the school's COA, i have no idea what you mean.

the website is www.studenloan.com i think, or something similar, yahoo or google will bring it up

_____

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2005, 08:20:00 PM »
Is citiassist an independent loan outside of the school's COA? If so what is there website? Thanks in advance!

CitiAssist = studentloans.com = CitiBank

For loans over COA, try Capital One; there is also some company called loantolearn.com or something does it too

Just google "student loan no certification"