Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Congratulations Conndi!  (Read 2714 times)

THE BLUE SWEATER

• Sr. Citizen
  • Home of the Blue Sweater
    • AOL Instant Messenger - kingofzamundaa
    • View Profile
    • Email
Congratulations Conndi!
« on: August 02, 2005, 09:50:19 AM »
I just felt yall needed to know Sec. of State Rice has been picked by Forbes magazine as the most powerful woman in the world. (Oprah was seventh). Considering all the other female politicans, billionares, this is pretty impressive. Feel free to hate on her if you want but in my opinion this is a very accomplished woman who has done alot before and after her time in the Bush administration. I am prepared to be reamed by the rest of the boards commnets.  :D
UVA Class of 2009

Find out just what people will submit to, and you have found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them..  The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress.

-Fredrick Douglass

BigMix

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: Congratulations Conndi!
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2005, 09:53:14 AM »
Oprah is waaaaaaaaaaaay more powerful than Conndi. But I guess it depends on the criteria that is used to evaluate power. With the pitiful rating of this administration, it follows that some of the mud will spill on Conndi.

THE BLUE SWEATER

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2005, 09:56:12 AM »
Condi is the one who devised and implemented the plan that led to fall of the soviet union. I don't think the powers of Oprah and Dr. Phil combined could have accomplished that. Also its on an international scale.
UVA Class of 2009

Find out just what people will submit to, and you have found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them..  The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress.

-Fredrick Douglass

andrewdude

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2005, 10:04:39 AM »
I agree with supercdman. It is only because of Condi's sound leadership in a time of great crisis what we are able to say today that Osama Bib Laden has been caught, poverty is being forcefully handled in a major way, world peace has been achieved, and peanut butter no longer gums up  your mouth. Thank heavens for Condi!

(interstingly enough - i do think she is indeed powerful - and accomplished- but none of that means i cant make fun of her-or that her administration doesnt suck)

BigMix

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2005, 10:06:09 AM »
I highly doubt that. The Soviet Union fell because of many reasons, so I don't think that Condi is solely responsible or significantly responsible when one examines all the variables in perspective. heck when the Pope died, they said it was the Pope that made the Soviet Union fall.

But the primary reason is economics.

Young Esq.

• Sr. Citizen
  • B-More Careful
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2005, 10:07:55 AM »
Any time you are at the presidents Texas ranch more than his wife, you are a powerful woman.

BigMix

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2005, 10:17:31 AM »
I go with Oprah. Oprah's influence in the Social and Economic arena moves things. Any product, fad, psychological lingo, that Oprah endorses is disseminate easily and accepted by the masses.

Condi has to play politics to get her policy across, which usually becomes watered down, and she only has 3 more years. Oprah has been doing it for 20 years, raking in Billions. Heck when Bush has to go on Oprah to campaign for Presidency, and then has to beg Oprah to go to Afghanistan, he knows where the power lie.

THE BLUE SWEATER

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2005, 10:59:44 AM »
She devised the plan that led the uniter states to instigate a arms race with russia bankrupting them. THat was her idea entirely as well as how to go about executing it. THere are other variables but it is no coincidence that she made Stanford's Provost and has held any postion worth having in the national security council. On top of that she has written three books which can be considered sjust short of doctrine in many arenas. I'm telling you any foreign policy move from 1989 on she had a serious hand in. Don't sleep on the Rice. Yes the admistration is sucking but if the driver is blind even a good vehicle probobly wont be able to get you where u need to be.
UVA Class of 2009

-Fredrick Douglass

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2005, 11:05:25 AM »
Condi is Secretary of State of the United States of America.  If you really think Oprah compares, then you should take a course on international politics.  There is a difference between popularity and power.

Young Esq.

• Sr. Citizen
  • B-More Careful
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2005, 11:08:21 AM »
Condi is Secretary of State of the United States of America.  If you really think Oprah compares, then you should take a course on international politics.  There is a difference between popularity and power.

moved and seconded