Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: SEO v.s. CLEO....  (Read 756 times)

Jwebony956

• Planning my work, working my plan
    • View Profile
SEO v.s. CLEO....
« on: August 01, 2005, 03:00:15 PM »
Hey Everyone!
            I'm somewhat new to this board, and was wondering if any of you can tell me the difference between CLEO and SEO...I read a few other threads on CLEO but am particularly interested in finding out more about the SEO program? Is it more so competitive to get into than CLEO and how is it different to CLEO?

Thanks for your responses! ;D

Top 6 Choices:
Yale, Harvard, Stanford, Columbia, UChicago, Northwestern

faith2005

Re: SEO v.s. CLEO....
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2005, 03:21:40 PM »
well, SEO is a an internship/career development program. they place students in internships in top corporations and foundations. there is a corporate law track, but its not to prepare you to go to law school per se.

cleo is a legal opportunities program that is focused on preparing people of color and socio-economically disadvantaged people for law school and moving forward into the law profession. there is a 6 week institute that people have participated in, and wrote some stuff about in a thread about cleo in the black law student discussion board. there is also a weekend program that I participated in. It included a series of workshops about what types of classes take place first year and time management skills. read the thread about cleo and you'll get alot more information about the program.

06hopeful

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2005, 03:51:33 PM »
Has anyone on the board actually been placed into a law school as a result of participation in a CLEO program??  I'm thinking of applying and I was wondering if there were any stories to that effect.  Thanks.

faith2005

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2005, 03:53:46 PM »
i was a participant in the weekend program, so I was already accepted to a law school before participating. there is a cleo thread. search for it and read it. there is a person on the board who did the 6 week program and is now deciding about which school to attend based on the i-views and stuff that took place at cleo. her sn is lexington.