Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: I have 24 hours to decide...  (Read 863 times)

lastminute

• View Profile
I have 24 hours to decide...
« on: July 31, 2005, 03:40:08 AM »
USD FT, first year $25,000 v Loyola LA PT, full tuition all 3.5-4 yrs, including books, parking, etc. What do you think? I would appreciate any opinions or views. Thanks!! I do plan on working in LA but I would love the experience of living in san diego for 3 years...
in: emory, loyola la pt, wustl, boston u, usd
out: chicago, mich, ucla,
wait: usc

social drinker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: I have 24 hours to decide...
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2005, 03:49:27 AM »
AHmmm.. full tuition?  or just some cash first year?  You really have to ask?

Go Loyola.

Lucky77

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2005, 04:21:20 AM »
Loyola is the better school, hands down. The fact that you got a full-ride there sweetens the deal. It just sucks you have to wait and extra year to graduate..

najniran

• AOL Instant Messenger - najniran
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2005, 04:45:42 AM »
Use the force Luke. Just kidding. For the experience? USD. No contest. For the practicality / money? Loyola. For the education? Toss up. You decide basically if the cost of living in San Diego is really worth it (especially compared to living in LA for 4 years, and possibly taking a few years off your life due to smog inhalation.)

If I were you, I'd go to Loyola and then try to switch into their FT program, if thats an option.

willislaw

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2005, 12:33:01 PM »
why not emory or wustl?

DodgerLaw

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2005, 12:51:34 PM »
Since the schools are of comparable quality/prestige, I would personally chose the FT program. Not because of the saved year so much; I think I would just get more out of law school by being fully immersed in the experience.

I assume you did not accept offers from the other higher-ranked schools due to money concerns. If you are planning on BigLaw, it can be done from either Loyola or USD, but you might benefit from a transfer to USC or UCLA.

I vote: Go to USD for a year. Maybe you will fall in love with the city, and decide to work there. In the meantime, kick ass. Then you will get your choice of continued scholarship money at USD or the ability to transfer.

Southwestern5L

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2005, 05:18:48 PM »
You should choose Southwestern, even if you get no financial aid, because it is the best law school.

Southwestern4L

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2005, 06:02:04 PM »
Go with Loyola. End of story.

Don't worry Southwestern5L, one day, maybe one day, you'll have moves like ME. Come on everyone, let's dance!

I'm like a dog in heat, a freak without warning. I have an appetite for sex 'cause me so...
Southwestern fo' life!