Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Homosexual PS  (Read 13692 times)

heybrent

• View Profile
Re: Homosexual PS
« Reply #90 on: April 17, 2006, 06:18:15 PM »
example of a kneejerk liberal:

A liberal who eyes a superstud in a bar, feels his heart start pounding when Mr. Stud walks over and starts chatting him up, and then upon learning that Mr. Stud is a Republican, loses all interest and needs another drink.

I'd probably get more turned on. It's like when I get turned on by Yankees...evil is sexy.

This has so happened to me.

trogdor

• Sr. Citizen
  • the BURNINATOR!
    • View Profile
    • LSN profile
« Reply #91 on: April 18, 2006, 09:59:29 AM »
tag

i hadn't seen this thread until now.  i took a long hiatus from lsd because it truly is like crack, particularly early in the application cycle.  anyway, i thought i'd add my bit about the original post.  my ps focused solely on being gay and how that has affected my perceptions and life.  it had nothing to do with law or my career aspirations.  my goals were twofold: 1) to provide a different perspective to adcomms other than that presented in the hard numbers and impersonal resume and 2) reaffirmation for myself.  i come from a conservative background in every sense, so i mainly focused on how this has influenced my perceptions and how i was affected by it growing up until present day.  i don't really think this is an attempt to "play the gay card" as some have suggested but more so to provide a deeper insight into who i am as a person and being gay was certainly important in shaping who i am today -- not because of some intrinsic difference (other than the fact that i like guys) but because of the experiences that follow the labels.  as far as the adcomms perceptions, i didn't care whether it was frowned upon because if a school didn't want me because i was gay, i definitely didn't want to go to that school anyway.  however, my app cycle turned out pretty well, and i have no regrets.  i don't think it hurt.  did it help?  perhaps, but i doubt it.  good luck to everyone in law school! 
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." Orwell

heybrent

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 18, 2006, 04:02:23 PM »
Rollcall... where's everyone going to school??

hls

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• Sr. Citizen
  • Back to my non-secret secret identity...
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 18, 2006, 04:04:40 PM »

hls

Me too.  :)

But I hear they have very few dykes.  :'(

heybrent

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 18, 2006, 04:42:38 PM »

hls

were you at the april admit weekend?  i met a few there.

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 18, 2006, 04:46:21 PM »

hls

were you at the april admit weekend?  i met a few there.

I was at the march one, where I was told that in the 3L class there's only one, and only three or four in most classes.   :-\  There were three women at the glbtq dinner and around twenty men.

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 18, 2006, 04:49:08 PM »
i've heard that too.  but the div school is apparently SWARMING.  and there are plenty of dykes in boston.... i would not be worried if i were you.  congrats  :)

:D  My ex goes to the div school.   :-[

ladymuscadet

• View Profile
Re: minority students event
« Reply #97 on: April 18, 2006, 05:34:40 PM »
Anyone attending a minority students event?  I was invited to one at my top choice and RSVP'd but feel a little odd about it because, while I am an out gay man, I am also a white middle class male.  I'll be a minority at the minority event, which may be an educational experience for me.  I've spoken with outlaw people at the school and they reassured me that it will be cool, that the event is more for parents (as a non-trad that shocked me because the thought of bringing my parents never even crossed my mind).

incognito--I started reading this thread from the beginning and you made a comment on the first page in August 2005 and said "first post! please oh please don't let me get addicted to this site." I couldn't help but laugh when I skipped to this last page, read this comment by you from March 06, and saw that you've made over 270 posts since your first comment. This site is seriously addictive!

absy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 18, 2006, 10:20:40 PM »
su, I'm really hoping we'll have an increased batch of lesbian 1Ls this year.  I've met or talked to a good number of admits.

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 19, 2006, 11:09:26 AM »
su, I'm really hoping we'll have an increased batch of lesbian 1Ls this year.  I've met or talked to a good number of admits.

;D  Nice.