Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Homosexual PS  (Read 13679 times)

odaiko

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Homosexual PS
« Reply #50 on: January 01, 2006, 11:57:52 PM »
I see, thanks for clarifying!

End of pesky questions/HLS fantasizing for tonight.  :-X
University of Pennsylvania Class of 2009!

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=agnetha

Yale College Inferno

• Sr. Citizen
  • New daily nonstop to Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2006, 06:33:46 AM »
at HLS, we're working with the admissions office to be proactive about LGBT applicants, as part of a general project by a dean's committee on assessing/improving the LGBT experience at the law school

Absy, did you help to write the gay recruitment letter some of us received?
Yale College '06
Harvard Law School '09

Bored? Try the mafia boss. (Warning: addictive!)
http://www.themafiaboss.com/?refer=admiral28
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=yalecol06

absy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2006, 07:42:05 AM »

I did not.  what are your thoughts on it? (I may be helping to write it next year)

ghaleon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2006, 03:27:11 PM »
at HLS, we're working with the admissions office to be proactive about LGBT applicants, as part of a general project by a dean's committee on assessing/improving the LGBT experience at the law school

Sigh, I received no recruitment letter from HLS. But I did from Columbia Outlaws. Where's the Harvard love, absy?  ;)
CLS'09

Yale College Inferno

• Sr. Citizen
  • New daily nonstop to Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2006, 04:01:12 PM »

I did not.  what are your thoughts on it? (I may be helping to write it next year)

I don't really remember, and I can't find the letter anymore. I guess it didn't make a strong impression, so maybe some revision would help. I mean, I already know that Harvard is great and has lots of gay guys...maybe add some really little-known details would be helpful.

On the other hand I do think practiceboy02 facebooked one of the guys who signed the letter and said he was really cute. (Or was that for another school?) Ooh, idea! Enclose a little pamphlet with pics of hot Harvard guys  ;D Include some blurb or quote for each one, so that it's ostensibly about their Harvard experience...
Yale College '06
Harvard Law School '09

Bored? Try the mafia boss. (Warning: addictive!)
http://www.themafiaboss.com/?refer=admiral28
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=yalecol06

absy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2006, 05:46:48 PM »
sorry you didn't get the letter, ghaleon.  I wasn't part of the writing or distribution.  I plan to be next year though.  anyone who comes to an admit weekend will be shown the Harvard love.  the second weekend coincides with our LGBT conference; besides that we'll have a dinner and go clubbing.  can't guarantee Harvard lovin' though

ghaleon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 09, 2006, 06:08:23 PM »
sorry you didn't get the letter, ghaleon.  I wasn't part of the writing or distribution.  I plan to be next year though.  anyone who comes to an admit weekend will be shown the Harvard love.  the second weekend coincides with our LGBT conference; besides that we'll have a dinner and go clubbing.  can't guarantee Harvard lovin' though

Well I probably didn't get the letter cause I won't be invited to admit weekend. My numbers make me a very borderline candidate at Harvard, so I'll just keep dreamin' of Harvard lovin' until that thin envelope makes its way out here to Cali.
CLS'09

SFnative

« Reply #57 on: February 02, 2006, 06:50:50 PM »

Well I probably didn't get the letter cause I won't be invited to admit weekend. My numbers make me a very borderline candidate at Harvard, so I'll just keep dreamin' of Harvard lovin' until that thin envelope makes its way out here to Cali.

so where do you plan to go if u dont find harvard love? if u are at columbia, you have new york lovin and at boalt, there is san francisco! Some good choices u got there :)

Emolee

• Sr. Citizen
  • I believe there is a distance I have wandered
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 02, 2006, 07:09:05 PM »
Outlaws- that's great.. makes me want to go to Columbia ;) 

Didn't get the letter tho- even tho I identified as gay (whatever they called it) on LSDAS and I did get a fee waiver from Columb- wonder why no love from the outlaws?
wrestling over tiny matters: UCLA vs. Columbia

LSAT 173!  Thank you, God!

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=emolee

ScoopNY

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2006, 12:34:41 PM »
I only got one letter from a gay group -- from McGeorge! The rest sent me letters about the black law student groups instead. Maybe they didn't read past black on my LSDAS, lol.
In:Northwestern, Emory, Temple ($$), Wash. U($$), Michigan($$$)! Cornell
Out: Columbia
Wait: GULC, NYU.