Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Homosexual PS  (Read 13338 times)

NathanB

Re: Homosexual PS
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2005, 10:22:11 AM »
That's really helpful.  I have a really good friend who attended fordham undergrad (Lincoln Center) and said basically the same thing about their undergrad there.

It does put my mind a bit more at ease.  And I think that answers most of my questions.

Thanks again!

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• Sr. Citizen
  • Back to my non-secret secret identity...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2005, 10:25:20 AM »
I'm still deciding on "playing the gay card," not because I think it would help in and of itself, but because I'm considering writing my PS on following the VT civil union case and the Mass gay marriage case if the second or third draft of my current statement (which doesn't mention it) doesn't work out.

But I was really active in the Queer Coalition at my school, and did some other queer related volunteering, so most likely any adcom would assume I'm gay based on my resume, not that I think they'll care.

incognito

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2005, 04:08:59 PM »
I think that I am going to include it but not make it the focus.  It may be why I have decided to go into law but says nothing about why I think I will do well in it.  I'm thinking about applying to Georgetown and my boyfriend reminded me that they are a Catholic university.  I don't think it will matter and if it does then I am better off not going there in the first place.  These things are hard to write though, aren't they? 

First post!  Please oh please oh please don't let me get addicted to this site.
Duke 2009

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• Sr. Citizen
  • Back to my non-secret secret identity...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2005, 04:46:11 PM »
First post!  Please oh please oh please don't let me get addicted to this site.

Good luck.  This site is crazy addictive.

NathanB

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2005, 07:15:17 PM »
Yeah, I have to confess, you start on here and pretty soon, its pretty much your social life.

Julee Fern

• Sr. Citizen
  • be cheerleader for al qaeda and osama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2005, 08:34:58 PM »
Being gay does appear help at top schools.  All top schools liberal, want more different voices in law.  They not sure who is and isn't, so can't hurt to trumpet gayness.
goooooo al qaeda!  gooooooo bin laden!  go, go, osama bin laden!

never mind all people you killing senselessly--that just more that silly conservative thinking.  what important is scooter libby and cheney's former employers.  beeeeeeee substantive!

cedowdy

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2005, 07:14:54 PM »
I plan to mention it in passing. It will not be the focus of my PS. And, yes, this site is like crack!

SkullTatt

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2005, 03:10:34 PM »
I'm thinking about applying to Georgetown and my boyfriend reminded me that they are a Catholic university.

Yeah they are. I hear they sued a few years ago to prevent the formation of a GLBT student group. But they have a bunch of GLBT groups now. I have thought about whether to out myself on my G-Town application and I decided to just do it.

slacker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2005, 11:48:12 PM »
I didn't out myself in my PS, but I didn't stay "in" for too long in law school. I've heard of some organizations, like larger law firms and the local AAG looking for more gays for diversity. Don't know that this will help me in the job search, but the next question is who gets a resume with that info (vs. a resume w/out).

Klansmen

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2005, 03:28:30 PM »
Damn there are a lot of fruits on this board! Why mention that you are a pillow biter in your PS? I don't need to specify that I don't enjoy dookie love in mine. I guess you are hoping that there is a queer on the board of admissions and maybe he/she will relate to a fellow trud banger, if that it the case then use your advantages. But it is more likley that those reading your PS will not be in the Liberace fanclub and will find your activities repulsive.

I would say use your own judgement but judging by your lifestlye your judgement is in need of some healing. On second thought, let the board know. It will be easier for them to tag and deny you. I'll feel much safer at the urinal.