Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Racist Parents and Being Defended!  (Read 9526 times)

IrishGeisha

• Sr. Citizen
  • BA Cornell, MA Sacred Heart, Pepperdine Law in Aug
    • AOL Instant Messenger - AdoptAPitbull
    • View Profile
    • Irish Geisha's Blog
Re: Racist Parents and Being Defended!
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2004, 02:07:03 PM »
Thanks y'all.  I appreciate the love.  This will be a hard one to deal with.  I am so overwhelmingly sad right now.  I don't know where anything stands or how to feel. I need a xanax and a long nap.
"I have never seen a greater monster or miracle in the world than myself." - Michel Eyquem

thechoson

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2004, 02:11:45 PM »
I drive a Cadillac and wear a perm cause I'm a G. And I'm a motherfucking CRIP.

YEA! WEST COAST female dog

thechoson

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2004, 02:15:22 PM »
Thanks y'all.  I appreciate the love.  This will be a hard one to deal with.  I am so overwhelmingly sad right now.  I don't know where anything stands or how to feel. I need a xanax and a long nap.

Yea, good idea. When I am contemplative and depressed, I go play a round of golf (though I suck ass). So that might be an idea

ttiwed

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2004, 02:24:19 PM »
shermy's -- i say break it off with shermy. if things he does makes you cry, then he isn't even worth it.

by the way, you're missing the "r" in "sacred" in your little education history bio thing.

thechoson

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2004, 02:25:22 PM »
shermy's -- i say break it off with shermy. if things he does makes you cry, then he isn't even worth it.

by the way, you're missing the "r" in "sacred" in your little education history bio thing.

Get that hideous Jessica Simpson off your avatar

ttiwed

« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2004, 02:27:12 PM »
you don't like her?!?! *&^%, she's one of the few white celebrities that i'm attracted to...

thechoson

« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2004, 02:30:11 PM »
you don't like her?!?! *&^%, she's one of the few white celebrities that i'm attracted to...

my avatar is hotter

thechoson

« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2004, 02:30:43 PM »
although, Jessica Simpson was number ONE in the Maxim hot 100, and Michelle Branch was only 20.  Damn shame

grahamers

• Sr. Citizen
  • Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2004, 02:47:34 PM »
If his parents said, "Japanese people are not smart"  and "not nice," then he should have said something about it.  Maybe not in front of you, but he should address it and assure you that he does not agree with them on this issue.
34 years old    170 LSAT 2.33 UGPA
Accepted: Wake, Mason, Catholic, Maryland, Baltimore, WVU, Widener
Waitlisted: American
Dinged: GW, Georgetown
Still haven't heard from: Villanova
Attending Mryland

LambdaChi03

• Sr. Citizen
  • BS in Forensic Science, Baylor; KU Law
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2004, 03:07:21 PM »
ShermysGirl,
I agree with what other people on this board have said.  If he's not willing to stand up for an awesome girl as yourself, then he surely doesn't deserve you.  It seems to me that you have been overwhelmingly sweet and caring to him.  You have poured your heart out to this guy, and now that things don't seem as rosy anymore, you are afraid that you may never find someone like that again.  I assure you that there are plenty of guys out there that would love to be involved with you, simply because you're an all-around great girl.  As for Shermy, it is hard to make people change in a relationship.  Some things can change, but others are just personality traits which often do not change after a certain age.  He even told you that you guys probably wouldn't change...a guy that is willing to work things out would not say this.  Maybe he's right?  I had a similar situation with one of my ex's.  We had constant arguments about the dumbest things on a daily basis...that's when I figured out it would be better to split up.  I really hope you can work this out since I know you care for him a lot, but don't be afraid to say good-bye if that's what your heart tells you.  All of the LSD faithful are behind your decision!!!  ;D