Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Advise on negotiating more scholarship $$$  (Read 2803 times)

Lawyerr

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 61
    • View Profile
Re: Advise on negotiating more scholarship $$$
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2005, 12:12:54 PM »
At a place like NYU, if you dont have a HYS offer or a full ride at a top school, itll be difficult. Itd be like going into a Bently dealer and saying "yeah, but I can get a Benz for $100,000 less!" Theyd just say, ok, you go do that. But if you could say "Im also considering a Rolls Royce in Cambridge/a free Benz in Durham", theyd probably come down a bit. Im looking to do it the other way around - "I really like your $80,000 dollar Benz, but theres a really nice BMW up the road for $100,000, and I figure as long as Im spending money that I dont have..."
I'd rather model harmonica holders - Bob Dylan

l1lshady0

  • Sr. Citizen
  • ****
  • Posts: 217
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Advise on negotiating more scholarship $$$
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2005, 04:44:51 AM »
Would taking the LSAT and scoring higher help at all?

I've already sent out my applications and did not tell them to wait for another score.  However, if I was to take it again in February and improve by several points, would a school who has already accepted me take this into account for scholarship purposes?

chrisfield

  • Sr. Citizen
  • ****
  • Posts: 1220
  • Texas Tech ---> Fall 2006
    • View Profile
Re: Advise on negotiating more scholarship $$$
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2005, 11:18:31 AM »
Would taking the LSAT and scoring higher help at all?

I've already sent out my applications and did not tell them to wait for another score.  However, if I was to take it again in February and improve by several points, would a school who has already accepted me take this into account for scholarship purposes?

By the time you get the scores back and to the schools in March it would probably not make that big of a difference.