Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What the heck do I say to this freak?  (Read 3329 times)

Abevigoda

• Sr. Citizen
  • You've been Kittled!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: What the heck do I say to this freak?
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2005, 12:48:34 PM »
What???   

NNNNNOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=abevigoda

Catholic University of America
Columbus School of Law

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2005, 12:49:48 PM »
then take it back.

DodgerLaw

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2005, 12:53:07 PM »
Do it, Abe. Or you'll have to go downstairs and watch "Litte House on the Prairie" with your sisters.

LegalLassie

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2005, 12:54:06 PM »
I had something similar happen once.  When I was about thirteen, my cat disappeared and so I went door to door in my neighborhood.  One of the houses was this little old seemingly innocent white woman.  She told me "The ni---rs probably took your cat."  WTF!  I just remember standing there with a stunned expression on my face.  Kind of an eye opener because sometimes you get complacent and start thinking "there isn't as much racism today" or "people are more enlightened/intelligent today".  HA!  The worst part is a lot of times it comes from people you would not expect to hear it from.

Abevigoda

• Sr. Citizen
  • You've been Kittled!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2005, 12:54:47 PM »
Julie is not an old man, sorry.  What are you then?
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=abevigoda

Catholic University of America
Columbus School of Law

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2005, 01:06:37 PM »
young, vibrant, and oh-so-exciting woman.  hear julie roar.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2005, 01:08:07 PM »
I had something similar happen once.  When I was about thirteen, my cat disappeared and so I went door to door in my neighborhood.  One of the houses was this little old seemingly innocent white woman.  She told me "The ni---rs probably took your cat."  WTF!  I just remember standing there with a stunned expression on my face.  Kind of an eye opener because sometimes you get complacent and start thinking "there isn't as much racism today" or "people are more enlightened/intelligent today".  HA!  The worst part is a lot of times it comes from people you would not expect to hear it from.

and it come and go so quickly that you may not realize what really said until later.

BigMix

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2005, 01:10:54 PM »

I was telling this old guy about the break ins, and he responded with, "well, there's a colored family a block over, why don't you talk to them"  I was so shocked, all I could say was, "why would you say something like that..you don't know those people" and walked away.

I actually find that funny. I don't know, but old men saying stupid things kinda cracks me up. I guess I'm too sardonic on these issues. Pity instead of anger is what I give to people like that. They don't deserve anger.

LegalLassie

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2005, 01:11:04 PM »
I had something similar happen once.  When I was about thirteen, my cat disappeared and so I went door to door in my neighborhood.  One of the houses was this little old seemingly innocent white woman.  She told me "The ni---rs probably took your cat."  WTF!  I just remember standing there with a stunned expression on my face.  Kind of an eye opener because sometimes you get complacent and start thinking "there isn't as much racism today" or "people are more enlightened/intelligent today".  HA!  The worst part is a lot of times it comes from people you would not expect to hear it from.

and it come and go so quickly that you may not realize what really said until later.

Very true.  Sometimes, Julie, I think your brain cloud isn't as bad as you make it out to be.

LegalLassie

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2005, 01:13:54 PM »

I was telling this old guy about the break ins, and he responded with, "well, there's a colored family a block over, why don't you talk to them"  I was so shocked, all I could say was, "why would you say something like that..you don't know those people" and walked away.

I actually find that funny. I don't know, but old men saying stupid things kinda cracks me up. I guess I'm too sardonic on these issues. Pity instead of anger is what I give to people like that. They don't deserve anger.

I agree that it can be funny.  I remember Margaret Cho in one of her comedy shows telling about how she was walking a dog in San Francisco and suddenly a homeless guy ducks out from an alley and yells really loud: "That dogs gonna end up in a pot of rice!"  That was hilarious.

BUT, it ceases to be funny if it hurts someone or makes someone uncomfortable in their environment and I think what happened to Hippie does these things.