Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Calling NEW JERSEY!!  (Read 1193 times)

WhoShotTheGander

• View Profile
Re: Calling NEW JERSEY!!
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2005, 01:58:05 AM »
Jug handles are great. New Jersey drivers are horrible too though.
While most drivers everywhere are horrible, I would say that Maryland takes it. If I could never pass through that state again, I would.
And the majority of accidents in NJ happen as a result of people who don't know how to drive here. Driving in Jersey is a fairly offensive art. :)

Only "fairly" offensive? you surely underestimate yourself.

losapich

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2005, 03:11:39 AM »
Yo....the OP is back to clear a few things.
1) Jersey drivers do in fact suck
2) Jug handles and left turns should be made regardless
3) The general consensus is to commute into NY for TM, I would like to ask where in NYC...and has anyone taken powerscore out there
4) does any one have any input on my tutor idea?
If you know what my avatar is...you should not be going to law school

Sexykat

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2005, 04:02:10 PM »
Jersey drivers dont suck!  We have to put up with stupid weekend traffic on the GSP from NY'ers who like to do 50 in the left lane and then speed up to 90 and ride your a$$.

I took PS in NYC, and i had Johnny, he was awesome, alot better then my old teacher from New Brunswick!.. i think the NYC classes are full except for session 3.

kookoogirl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2005, 07:23:20 PM »
wow I sense a certain amount of tension amongst New Yorkers and Jerseyites, especially coming from Jerseyites...is this generally true in real life?

makotosan

• Sr. Citizen
  • Hey, I didn't know boys felt like this inside.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - simulatedasian
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2005, 08:09:41 PM »
wow I sense a certain amount of tension amongst New Yorkers and Jerseyites, especially coming from Jerseyites...is this generally true in real life?
It is on the roads. I wouldn't say so elsewhere in life. Driving is the long-running debate I have with all of my NY friends.
Attending: Temple ($)
Accepted: Seton Hall (full $), St. John's (full $), Hofstra (full $), Lewis and Clark ($), Pitt ($)

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=makotosan

http://excessivedicta.blogspot.com/

losapich

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2005, 07:48:04 PM »
Ok, something happend today and all I could think about was venting on this thread. Let me start with this: Forget New York drivers. They are driving instructors compared to Pennslyvania drivers. Penn. drivers must be among the worst in the country. Every single Penn driver that has crossed my path (by that I mean cutting me off) is terrible.  Do they give licenses to anyone who walks into a DMV in that state or is it just that all of the really terrible drivers feel the need to drive through NJ daily? Moral of the post: when in jersey, if you see a Penn license plate, pull over and get away!!

makotosan

• Sr. Citizen
  • Hey, I didn't know boys felt like this inside.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - simulatedasian
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2005, 08:25:26 PM »
Moral of the post: when in jersey, if you see a Penn license plate, pull over and get away!!

Especially on the Turnpike. Mother of god.
Attending: Temple ($)
Accepted: Seton Hall (full $), St. John's (full $), Hofstra (full $), Lewis and Clark ($), Pitt ($)

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=makotosan

http://excessivedicta.blogspot.com/

Sexykat

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2005, 11:03:24 PM »
Its not tension... its just the fact of NJ being the most populated state per square mile.. it also doesnt help that about 70% ( i forgot the actual figure) of the population in NJ drive a vehicle.  The roads arent built for this many cars and there is traffic no matter where you are going :(

losapich

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2005, 01:40:28 PM »
Since we are on the subject, being that New Jersey is so densely populated, how do you guys feel that will play into admissions? I mean, there will surely be many qualified applicants and since law schools are always bragging about diversity, how much of a factor is it going to play that there may be 2X the amount of people with the same scores from a much smaller state as opposed to say California?