Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Story  (Read 2455 times)

whiteal6

• View Profile
    • Email
Story
« on: June 16, 2004, 10:37:13 AM »
I took the June 2003 LSAT in Austin last year. There was some construction going on in the building, and the walls were extremely thin.  To make matters worse, a class started up in the room next to ours and the professor chose that day to show an extremely LOUD movie.  Everyone complained, and the proctor went around the building trying to quiet things down, but it didn't help at all.  A girl in the front started crying.  It was horrible.  I contacted LSAC when the test was over, and they told me that they had recieved numerous complaints and that they were looking into the problem.  I got a letter in the mail a week later saying that all the people who were in our room had the option to cancel their score and retake the test in October for free, and that LSAC would include a letter in our reports explaining the reason for our score cancellation.  Needless to say, I took the opportunity to cancel and retake.  I took the test in October in the same room, and that time, the proctors provided ear plugs.  That helped!

grahamers

• Sr. Citizen
  • Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Story
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2004, 11:02:15 AM »
Ear plugs are specifically banned from LSAT testing centers.  If this story is true, everyone else who took the test in other centers for the past three years should have a good case in contesting the results of the LSATs during that time.

I am skeptical.
34 years old    170 LSAT 2.33 UGPA
Accepted: Wake, Mason, Catholic, Maryland, Baltimore, WVU, Widener
Waitlisted: American
Dinged: GW, Georgetown
Still haven't heard from: Villanova
Attending Mryland

whiteal6

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2004, 11:08:20 AM »
I guess you would have to be there to understand how bad it really was.  There were people coming in and out of the room the entire time during the first test.  The proctors and some other guy were having a big consultation at the front of the room. Students kept getting up to approach the proctors to complain.  When the girl started crying, she was actaully SOBBING loudly.  Since the construction was the worst part (imagine jackhammers down the hall- SERIOUSLY) and since it was still going on in October, the proctors had gotten permission from LSAC to distribute the earplugs. (Or so they said) It would have been almost impossible to take the test without them.  On the first test, I left at least 7 questions blank on each section because I was just too distracted.  On the second test, I finished every section with time to spare and scored in the top 2%.  It would have been unfair to make us test under those conditions without providing earplugs. 

nathanielmark

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2004, 11:09:37 AM »
a girl crying?  Somebody should have taken her out in the hall and slapped her.  like the nun in that movie airplane, lol.

whiteal6

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2004, 11:17:23 AM »
LOL That might have cheered me up a bit

grahamers

• Sr. Citizen
  • Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2004, 11:41:45 AM »
I guess you would have to be there to understand how bad it really was. 

I don't doubt that it was bad, I am skeptical about the use of earplugs.  What date did you take the test with proctor supplied earplugs?  What location?
34 years old    170 LSAT 2.33 UGPA
Accepted: Wake, Mason, Catholic, Maryland, Baltimore, WVU, Widener
Waitlisted: American
Dinged: GW, Georgetown
Still haven't heard from: Villanova
Attending Mryland

Victor

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2004, 11:45:54 AM »
Whoa a girl crying during the LSAT .  . .  was the situation that ghastly? I think I read a horror story on here where a girl started crying while taking the exam and screamed out "Kaplan I Want My Money Back."

whiteal6

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2004, 12:04:42 PM »
It was the October 2003 test- Austin Community College building.  The proctors said that the LSAC gave them permission to distribute the earplugs- maybe they were making that up. Who knows ???