Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: UC Hastings Off Waiting List!!!!  (Read 1955 times)

cr008k

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: UC Hastings Off Waiting List!!!!
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2005, 02:01:15 PM »
Melinda, I think we're on the same wait list at USC and doing the same thing with Hastings  :)
I'm looking on Craigs list to see if I can find some place to stay for that time because I called some temp places and they were all full... and if the ones you called were full too, then I would imagine they all probably are...
There was one posting about a place in Berkely from the 20-Sept. 4 to catsit, for free rent, but I don't know if I want to make that commute every day (its about 30 min right?) plus the timing doesn't quite match up...
Those are pretty much all the places I'm thinking of looking... Nob Hill seems pretty expensive so unless I can find someone to share a 2 bedroom, I may have to look elsewhere... I was looking in Richmond because rents seem to be slightly more affordable, but I don't know how far away it is, like I said...
Let me know how your search goes and if you find anything good  :)

Daizeee

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2005, 04:17:03 AM »
hey cr!  when you're looking up places in Richmond, make sure it's Richmond district in San Francisco and not the city Richmond, which is across the bay.  g'luck finding a place to stay!

LegalLassie

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2005, 04:27:50 AM »
baff

lincolnsgrandson

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2005, 09:05:43 AM »
hey cr!  when you're looking up places in Richmond, make sure it's Richmond district in San Francisco and not the city Richmond, which is across the bay.  g'luck finding a place to stay!

True.  The difference is whether they say "The Richmond" or "Richmond" (cripes, I forgot which is which).

The Inner Richmond part of SF is a nice underrated area; many undergrad and law students live there.  There are many good inexpensive restaurants and bars.  You can get to campus very easily on the bus. 

Speaking of the bus, the public transit in SF is quite good, and the Hastings campus is very easy to get to from many different parts of the city.  Ao all the neighborhoods you've mentioned - Nob Hill, Noe Valley, Richmond, Russian Hill - are convenient. But you mentioned Nob Hill/Sunset area - those are two completely different areas.  I don't recommend the Sunset if you want to be excited about living in San Francisco, unless you have a family.

Let me know if you have more questions about the city.

cr008k

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2005, 02:56:35 PM »
I am searcing online for places and I made a list of those that look nice, but I'm not sure about the neighborhood/area.  Theres one on Market St (by 10th and Market by the civic center sort of); one on Fillmore St.; One sort of by Geary and 3rd; one on Sutter in Nob Hill  and another on Gough by Geary.  Anyone have any opinions on those streets? 

the apartment complexes I'm looking in (the ones on those streets) are Cathedral Hill Apartments, Avalon by the Bay, Avalon at Nob Hill, Golden Gateway Center, Fillmore Center and Archstone Plaza.  Anyone know those apartments/looked at them/lived in them/looking at them?

I really want to live by other students in a nice safe place.  I'm also going to be looking not in complexes, but I think I have to wait a little closer to the day I arrive to do that because most people I've emailed have said that  apartments will be rented by the date I'm coming (Aug 12)

Any advice? Anyone found great vacant apartments at cheap prices (i can dream right)  :)

Melinda

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2005, 04:08:27 PM »
I looked at Avalon Nob Hill Sunday.  It was a nice place.  Are you looking at the 1 bedrooms or studios?  I took a really quick tour b/c the guy forgot I was coming and was busy.  It is just a large generic apartment building, which has definate pros and cons.  I did not see the gym, although I asked a resident who said it was small.  The one bedroom I saw had a garden view, but was somewhat noisy.  The fixtures were all new, and the place looked pretty big.  It was clean.  The area is good, although a little too industrial (it is technically lower nob hill).  You could walk to school.  It is seemed safe.  The ppl who lived there seemed to be more professional than student.  I think it would be good b/c I know you said earlier you wont be able to look at apts. 

I ended up finding one that is cheaper and more individual in a 12 unit complex, hard wood floors, crown molding, ect in Nob Hill.  But that is more my style.  I took some photos I can prob email to you.  PM me

On the other ones...Market and 10th is in a bad area, and I dont know about the other places.

dbgirl

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2005, 04:21:24 PM »
Market and 10th is right in the heart of the tenderloin -- on the positive side, it's close to the school and very close to BART.
When you have somebody dying because they are poor and black or poor and white or because of whatever they are ... that erases everything that's great about this country.

-TMcGraw

http://www.wm3.org/splash.php

lincolnsgrandson

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2005, 10:36:33 PM »
there are some very good Vietnamese restaurants in the area around Hastings.

Daizeee

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2005, 12:38:09 AM »
bump