Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: UC Hastings Off Waiting List!!!!  (Read 1984 times)

cr008k

• View Profile
    • Email
UC Hastings Off Waiting List!!!!
« on: July 28, 2005, 10:08:28 AM »
Just got in to Hastings off the waiting list  :)
People who are going to Hastings... where are you living??? I want to find an apartment in Nob Hill probably, but around other Hastings students... I would ideally like to find another Hastings student as a roommate, but the lady in the admissions office said their list of people who were looking for roommates was "closed"
I'm awaiting my admitted students letter in the mail to get access to the Hastings website and get financial info and stuff... so excited though to finally have an answer!!!

brutal264

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: UC Hastings Off Waiting List!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2005, 10:22:33 AM »
Congrats!! Where were you headed otherwise?

Thats awesome!!

cr008k

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2005, 10:26:55 AM »
I was going to be going to Fordham in NY, easier because I am from NY but I'm ready for some Cali weather  :)

HippieLawChick

• Sr. Citizen
  • Current 2L
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2005, 10:27:41 AM »
Congrats!!!

legalkitty

• Sr. Citizen
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2005, 12:33:01 PM »
Congrats!!
Attending: Widener PA!!
http://www.aldf.org

dbgirl

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2005, 01:28:42 PM »
Hey cr that's great!
I admire you for sticking this out for so long  :) Persistence pays off.

When you have somebody dying because they are poor and black or poor and white or because of whatever they are ... that erases everything that's great about this country.

-TMcGraw

http://www.wm3.org/splash.php

cr008k

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2005, 01:44:24 PM »
Thanks  :)
Hastings was a top choice for me from the begining, and I had just about given up hope when they called...And at least it was in time for to me pack up and move too... I was afraid it was going to be like Aug 13 or something... And the director of enrollment was super nice to me on the phone!! I have a really good feeling about this  :)

Melinda

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2005, 07:46:55 PM »
Congradulations!  I am going up to look at apts this weekend if you need any info.  Also looking at Nob Hill, although lower nob hill (ghetto nob hill ?) is more my price range.

cr008k

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2005, 11:17:15 AM »
any info about looking for apts. is good! i can't come in until right before classes start, because at this point its too expensive to fly from ny just to look at places when i'm moving in a month anyway... so if anyone knows any place i should be looking (for apts. or roommates) i would so appreciate the advice!!!!!!! from what i've read online, i'm thinking nob hill/sunset area? richmond sounds nice but i don't know how far it is, it looks far on the map, but San Francisco isn't that big, so it can't be too far...
Advice pleae  :)
i think i'm going to find a temp place to stay from mid-aug to sept. 1 and try to move into a place sept. 1... hopefully that will give me a little time to look, although i'm sure i'll be busy with that whole law school thing  :)

Melinda

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2005, 11:45:17 AM »
I am considering going with a temp place b/c I am on a waitlist, but I dont think I will end up doing that.  You should call the temp places soon.  I called 2 yesterday from the Hastings online housing guide.  One was full until October, and the other until September.  I am new to SF so I am not sure how much I can help area wise.  I am looking into Nob Hill, Russian Hill, and Noe Valley (which may be too far).