Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: DNA test for bigfoot...  (Read 3129 times)

texas1

Re: DNA test for bigfoot...
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2005, 10:30:07 AM »
Too tired to post a link, but I've read 3 stories this week about a recent bigfoot sighting in Canada. Apparently the folks there collected some hair samples that are now being tested in a DNA lab.

Results are supposed to be in tomorrow (thursday)   ???

This is a very important topic to me.  I really believe in bigfoot.

I've always wondered...but over the past year I've seen about 3 shows on "Discovery" I think - one on the "Yeti", and two on "Bigfoot"...

The number of witnesses - including police officers who are trained in observation skills - is getting pretty large...

But more importantly, one law enforcement officer from TX, who was a fingerprint and footprint expert, began cataloging all primate footprints...he then went up to the northwest to look at the casts and said that the ridgelines in the feet were primate but not human...(he showed these lines on two casts from footprints found several hundered miles apart, with a 2 decade gap between findings...

If he is right about the ridgeline data, and if this is still a hoax, someone would have had to know as much as he does about the ridgelines and then plant fake footprints in two different states with a large time gap involved....

I'm leanin' toward believin' - this current sighting may be a hoax, but I def. won't be suprised if conclusive evidence is ever found....

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2005, 10:32:30 AM »
http://www.oregonbigfoot.com/newsletter/01_05.php

While the top half of the website is biased, the bottom half concerning the interview with Meldrum is very objective and scientific. He very calmly and quietly gives reason after reason why he thinks Bigfoot exists.

julie saw it earlier.  that really best you got:  newsletter (that you admit contains "biased" material) of some bigfoot organization?  not even single peer-reviewed article?  my, my.

well, you at least provided evidence that meldrum thinks bigfoot may exist.  where he stand on unicorns?

Paperback Writer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2005, 10:33:46 AM »
Explain this.

julie increasingly happy to have you on other side of this argument.

I believe in UFOs, too.

LaneSwerver

« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2005, 10:34:10 AM »
The argument is over. I just remembered, he has to be real:

Otherwise, explain this! How could he be IN A MOVIE??

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2005, 10:34:25 AM »
I'm leanin' toward believin' - this current sighting may be a hoax, but I def. won't be suprised if conclusive evidence is ever found....

assuming you actually meant to say "never," join crowd.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2005, 10:35:09 AM »

or run for president?

I hear America singing

• Sr. Citizen
  • How do you do?
    • View Profile
    • Visit my Weblog!
« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2005, 10:35:21 AM »

While the top half of the website is biased, the bottom half concerning the interview with Meldrum is very objective and scientific. He very calmly and quietly gives reason after reason why he thinks Bigfoot exists.

julie saw it earlier.  that really best you got:  newsletter (that you admit contains "biased" material) of some bigfoot organization?  not even single peer-reviewed article?  my, my.

well, you at least provided evidence that meldrum thinks bigfoot may exist.  where he stand on unicorns?

It's kinda difficult to find peer-reviewed material when the majority of scientists won't touch the issue with a ten foot pole.  Try finding a peer-reviewed article on fairies- the presence or absence of which changes nothing about the fact of whether they exist or not.
"I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night."

Visit my weblog!  www.sweetblessedfreedom.blogs pot.com

LaneSwerver

« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2005, 10:35:42 AM »

or run for president?

With Jane Goodall!

judic

• Sr. Citizen
  • Excuse the popped collar. I was drunk.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - a3n1gm4
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2005, 10:40:42 AM »

julie saw it earlier.  that really best you got:  newsletter (that you admit contains "biased" material) of some bigfoot organization?  not even single peer-reviewed article?  my, my.

It's kinda difficult to find peer-reviewed material when the majority of scientists won't touch the issue with a ten foot pole.  Try finding a peer-reviewed article on fairies- the presence or absence of which changes nothing about the fact of whether they exist or not.

Before this I was still willing to read your arguments, but now you bring up the fairies again with another horrible argument and destroyed the last sliver of credibility you had.  You let me know in 20 years if we have DEFINITIVE AND CONCLUSIVE evidence that bigfoot exists with scientists who say they ABSOLUTELY believe that bigfoot does exist opposed to saying "it's a possibility."

I hear America singing

• Sr. Citizen
  • How do you do?
    • View Profile
    • Visit my Weblog!
« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2005, 10:42:56 AM »

julie saw it earlier.  that really best you got:  newsletter (that you admit contains "biased" material) of some bigfoot organization?  not even single peer-reviewed article?  my, my.

It's kinda difficult to find peer-reviewed material when the majority of scientists won't touch the issue with a ten foot pole.  Try finding a peer-reviewed article on fairies- the presence or absence of which changes nothing about the fact of whether they exist or not.

Before this I was still willing to read your arguments, but now you bring up the fairies again with another horrible argument and destroyed the last sliver of credibility you had.  You let me know in 20 years if we have DEFINITIVE AND CONCLUSIVE evidence that bigfoot exists with scientists who say they ABSOLUTELY believe that bigfoot does exist opposed to saying "it's a possibility."

Ah, there's the rub.

Science can prove nothing definitively.

Nothing.
"I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night."

Visit my weblog!  www.sweetblessedfreedom.blogs pot.com