Law School Discussion

Missing BLACK Woman

lex19

Re: Missing BLACK Woman
« Reply #60 on: August 15, 2005, 02:11:00 PM »
vinny you really leave yourself open or maybe you're just trying to get a fight out of people and setting things up...legallassie was correct, whatever it may be i'm finished, done, through with you like BP..peace

Lawprofessor

• Pony Up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 15, 2005, 10:44:22 PM »
Hey Vinny,

How is overcomming tremendous obsticals just a "sob story?"  The fact that you dont see that you have overcome so much to get where you are today says something.  Part of what I see is that your past has caused you to be closed off and a little cold.  I suspect it comes from not wanting to get hurt.  There is nothing wrong with telling your story to assist you in reaching your goals.  Be proud of who you are and where you came from and especially all that you had to endure to make it to where you are now.

ImVinny!

• What am I?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: August 16, 2005, 06:44:19 AM »
Thanks for the comments LP.
I am not trying to start something, I just feel that if I don't want people to be able to take advantage of AA then I shouldn't take advantage of my situation, and I know that's what someo of you were thinking.
I would feel bad about it, sounding liek a hippocrite?

j.rosh

« Reply #63 on: August 16, 2005, 06:58:55 AM »
Thanks for the comments LP.
I am not trying to start something, I just feel that if I don't want people to be able to take advantage of AA then I shouldn't take advantage of my situation, and I know that's what someo of you were thinking.
I would feel bad about it, sounding liek a hippocrite?

???...You may want to read LP and Blk's responses again and let it soak through.
By the way, I wasn't thinking that at all

ImVinny!

• What am I?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: August 16, 2005, 07:05:24 AM »
No not you, I was talking about what lex said.

j.rosh

« Reply #65 on: August 16, 2005, 07:13:05 AM »
Here's an echo of earlier statements:
You have a story to tell-use it.

ImVinny!

• What am I?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: August 16, 2005, 07:15:44 AM »
I guess so. Would that be what goes into a diversity statement? (I know a stupid question) are there any cites that have examples of diversity statements? Or anyone can let me read theirs just to see?

j.rosh

« Reply #67 on: August 16, 2005, 07:21:59 AM »
I haven't started yet.

« Reply #68 on: August 16, 2005, 07:31:49 AM »
what does overcoming adversity have to do with being diverse? or minority? it's a personal statement.. that's it..that's all...

I guess so. Would that be what goes into a diversity statement? (I know a stupid question) are there any cites that have examples of diversity statements? Or anyone can let me read theirs just to see?

ImVinny!

• What am I?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #69 on: August 16, 2005, 07:41:15 AM »
So what does it mean to be diverse then?