Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Missing BLACK Woman  (Read 5545 times)

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: Missing BLACK Woman
« Reply #50 on: August 15, 2005, 04:20:40 PM »
so would you use your hardships in your personal statement for law school to talk about how you've overcome adversity to rise to where you are standing today?
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

ImVinny!

• Sr. Citizen
  • What am I?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: August 15, 2005, 04:22:10 PM »
Well, all I did was mention my mom and dad not graduating high school, but nothing else, I don't really want to get into it with the adcomms thinking I just want to tell a sob story or anything.

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2005, 04:23:43 PM »
how is overcoming a hardship a sob story?

Well, all I did was mention my mom and dad not graduating high school, but nothing else, I don't really want to get into it with the adcomms thinking I just want to tell a sob story or anything.
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

ImVinny!

• Sr. Citizen
  • What am I?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2005, 04:24:28 PM »
It would probably be seen as that, I don't think they'd really care, I'm sure they have many people with that, and others that had it worse.

lex19

« Reply #54 on: August 15, 2005, 04:25:31 PM »
you are a sob story vinny, a tear drops everytime you post ignorant sh*t like below

ImVinny!

• Sr. Citizen
  • What am I?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: August 15, 2005, 04:26:42 PM »
How is that ignorant? It is true!
See, I said it was a sob story, nobody wants to hear about that.

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 15, 2005, 04:31:01 PM »
they don't care..however you should have the ability to flip your situation and make it work for you....

ImVinny!

• Sr. Citizen
  • What am I?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: August 15, 2005, 04:32:03 PM »
But that wouldn't be right.

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 15, 2005, 04:33:00 PM »
explain? how is overcoming adversity not right?

But that wouldn't be right.

ImVinny!

• Sr. Citizen
  • What am I?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: August 15, 2005, 05:00:07 PM »
Just telling my story doesn't show adversity, I didn't listen to them, so how does that matter? I didn't let it phase me when my mom refused to drive me to school, I just got up the hour earlier in order to take the city bus, and paid my buck when she accused me of stealing hers instead of using it for the fare.
How do I spin any of that to sound good?