Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Everything NYC Related  (Read 5732 times)

Young Esq.

• Sr. Citizen
  • B-More Careful
    • View Profile
Re: Everything NYC Related
« Reply #50 on: August 03, 2005, 11:31:14 AM »
The new Jesus Peace!!!!  ;D

Victor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2005, 01:10:56 PM »
Boy! Its hot. I've been wearing white tees all week. I'm fresh yes . . . i'm fresh yes . . .

SheLaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 05, 2005, 06:30:45 PM »
You're right about that Vic... it's times like these I'm that i'm glad I work all day, cuz I've got no AC at my apt.
It's the most wonderful time of the year!

Muse

• Sr. Citizen
  • I heart Naomi!
    • View Profile
    • Yeah I have one...like everyone else.
« Reply #53 on: August 05, 2005, 07:21:47 PM »
Ladies in NYC...

I need to know where I can go to get my Hair,Nails, and Eyebrows taken care of? I heard of a place called The Curve Hair Salon, which came highly recommended by one of my girls, but what about eyebrows?

Also during the winter months, do you guys wear bulky cloths or is layering the best method for keeping warm? Also how useful will it be for me to bring my car? Should I bring it or leave it in cali and take the metro?
Honesty has a beautiful and refreshing simplicity about it. No ulterior motives. No hidden meanings. An absence of hypocrisy, duplicity, political games, and verbal superficiality. As honesty and real integrity characterize our lives, there will be no need to manipulate others.--Chuck Swindoll

SheLaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 05, 2005, 07:33:07 PM »
I have locs so I hit up Khamit Kinks to get my hair done.  An attorney I know referred me there.  They do all kinds of natural hair styles and they have a website if you want to check 'em out.  The lady who does my hair does Stevie Wonders locs.

I also heard great things about Curve Salon so I'm sure you'd be fine going there as well.

For the brows, I go to Pinky's on 6th ave between 38th and 39th St to get mine threaded.  They always hook me up. 

Don't bring your car... stick to the subways and cabs.  You've probably heard this before but parking is very difficult and expensive. 

I'd suggest layering up for the winters because it's only cold when commuting.  Once you get to your destination (which probably has heat), you don't want bulky clothes weighing you down.
It's the most wonderful time of the year!

lex19

« Reply #55 on: August 05, 2005, 08:30:26 PM »
layers all the way..if you can, invest in a gortex shell (ex. northface or patagonia)...they're worth every dollar especially in messy nyc winters

Victor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 05, 2005, 11:31:30 PM »
layers all the way..if you can, invest in a gortex shell (ex. northface or patagonia)...they're worth every dollar especially in messy nyc winters

You rep NYC?

seu2002

« Reply #57 on: August 06, 2005, 01:35:12 AM »
hey regal, when you moving to NYC after all?

angmill08

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 06, 2005, 09:54:53 AM »
Also how useful will it be for me to bring my car? Should I bring it or leave it in cali and take the metro?

Do you have a parking arrangement? I thought you said you were living at a relative's place... if you have free/cheap parking, bring the car. You won't need it much but when you need to get out of the city or want to go to another borough at night or something you'll be glad it's there.

But it just depends on how much you have to pay for parking and car insurance... you'll probably drive the car once a week or less.
164/3.46 Undergrad GPA, graduated college in 1996.
Applied: UT Austin (ED), Univ. of Houston, George Washington U & American U.
Accepted: Univ. of Houston, GW, American
Attending: GW, Fall 2006

Rudy Huckleberry

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 16, 2005, 11:47:43 AM »
I have locs so I hit up Khamit Kinks to get my hair done.  An attorney I know referred me there.  They do all kinds of natural hair styles and they have a website if you want to check 'em out.  The lady who does my hair does Stevie Wonders locs.

I also heard great things about Curve Salon so I'm sure you'd be fine going there as well.

For the brows, I go to Pinky's on 6th ave between 38th and 39th St to get mine threaded.  They always hook me up. 

Don't bring your car... stick to the subways and cabs.  You've probably heard this before but parking is very difficult and expensive. 

I'd suggest layering up for the winters because it's only cold when commuting.  Once you get to your destination (which probably has heat), you don't want bulky clothes weighing you down.

Hmm...Khamit Kinks.  I'm thinking about just coming to NYC to get my hair done, and I'd love to go to that salon because they know what they're doing, but their prices frighten me.