Law School Discussion

happy thread

_BP_

• Think. Wait. Fast.
    • View Profile
Re: happy thread
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2005, 07:44:16 AM »
I made money incvesting in Haliburton this qtr!

I sold everything, but I nearly cried last week because a stock I had already sold went up 23% in one day.  The company is called Stemcell and after Frisk said he would back stem cell legislature the stock skyrocketed. 

Nice DC weather though, that's a happy mood waiting to happen.

LegalLassie

« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2005, 10:14:59 AM »

I sold everything, but I nearly cried last week because a stock I had already sold went up 23% in one day.  The company is called Stemcell and after Frisk said he would back stem cell legislature the stock skyrocketed. 

You're in DC, BP?  What's the "international law" climate there?  I would love to do international human rights law and I have heard DC is the place to go to law school if you want to be connected to the international law pipeline.

My happy thought is that it is early, I am awake, and (for the first time in a week) I woke up without a splitting headache.

_BP_

• Think. Wait. Fast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2005, 10:30:44 AM »

You're in DC, BP?  What's the "international law" climate there?  I would love to do international human rights law and I have heard DC is the place to go to law school if you want to be connected to the international law pipeline.

My happy thought is that it is early, I am awake, and (for the first time in a week) I woke up without a splitting headache.

I can't say I know for sure, I would be surprised if it wasn't good though.  I recently met some guys who work for the State dept. and others who work for the IMF down here.  There's definitely a lot going on though, you probably couldn't go wrong in this area. 

dbgirl

• View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2005, 10:33:44 AM »
I'm up early too -- for no good reason.

My happy declaration for the day is that I went to the doctor yesterday, and my blood pressure has dropped to an all-time low since leaving work Saturday (granted it's short lived but ...)  :)

LegalLassie

« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2005, 10:35:19 AM »

I can't say I know for sure, I would be surprised if it wasn't good though.  I recently met some guys who work for the State dept. and others who work for the IMF down here.  There's definitely a lot going on though, you probably couldn't go wrong in this area. 

Thanks!

Julie Fern

• hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2005, 11:17:31 AM »
You're in DC, BP? What's the "international law" climate there?

climate in dc very humid.

Julie Fern

• hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2005, 12:29:24 PM »
today, julie had exact change.

DodgerLaw

« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2005, 12:44:41 PM »
today, julie had exact change.

Four quarters for vibrating bed?

dbgirl

• View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2005, 12:51:21 PM »
Speak of beds ... I'm happy to report that I made my bed today for the first time in days  :)
The last four days have been my days off and I've been hesitant to make the bed because I MIGHT have to go back to sleep or something. But I decided that I'll just have to take that risk today. The unmade bed is hard to sleep in anyway cuz the covers get tangled.

LegalLassie

« Reply #49 on: August 03, 2005, 12:57:03 PM »
Got my LSDA's report and they didn't make any mistakes, and it is better than I thought it would be.