Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: happy thread  (Read 12719 times)

_BP_

• Sr. Citizen
  • Think. Wait. Fast.
    • View Profile
Re: happy thread
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2005, 09:44:16 AM »
I made money incvesting in Haliburton this qtr!

I sold everything, but I nearly cried last week because a stock I had already sold went up 23% in one day.  The company is called Stemcell and after Frisk said he would back stem cell legislature the stock skyrocketed. 

Nice DC weather though, that's a happy mood waiting to happen.
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
1776 TO 2006

LegalLassie

« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2005, 12:14:59 PM »

I sold everything, but I nearly cried last week because a stock I had already sold went up 23% in one day.  The company is called Stemcell and after Frisk said he would back stem cell legislature the stock skyrocketed. 

You're in DC, BP?  What's the "international law" climate there?  I would love to do international human rights law and I have heard DC is the place to go to law school if you want to be connected to the international law pipeline.

My happy thought is that it is early, I am awake, and (for the first time in a week) I woke up without a splitting headache.

_BP_

• Sr. Citizen
  • Think. Wait. Fast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2005, 12:30:44 PM »

You're in DC, BP?  What's the "international law" climate there?  I would love to do international human rights law and I have heard DC is the place to go to law school if you want to be connected to the international law pipeline.

My happy thought is that it is early, I am awake, and (for the first time in a week) I woke up without a splitting headache.

I can't say I know for sure, I would be surprised if it wasn't good though.  I recently met some guys who work for the State dept. and others who work for the IMF down here.  There's definitely a lot going on though, you probably couldn't go wrong in this area. 
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
1776 TO 2006

dbgirl

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2005, 12:33:44 PM »
I'm up early too -- for no good reason.

My happy declaration for the day is that I went to the doctor yesterday, and my blood pressure has dropped to an all-time low since leaving work Saturday (granted it's short lived but ...)  :)

When you have somebody dying because they are poor and black or poor and white or because of whatever they are ... that erases everything that's great about this country.

-TMcGraw

http://www.wm3.org/splash.php

LegalLassie

« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2005, 12:35:19 PM »

I can't say I know for sure, I would be surprised if it wasn't good though.  I recently met some guys who work for the State dept. and others who work for the IMF down here.  There's definitely a lot going on though, you probably couldn't go wrong in this area. 

Thanks!

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2005, 01:17:31 PM »
You're in DC, BP? What's the "international law" climate there?

climate in dc very humid.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2005, 02:29:24 PM »
today, julie had exact change.

DodgerLaw

« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2005, 02:44:41 PM »
today, julie had exact change.

Four quarters for vibrating bed?

dbgirl

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2005, 02:51:21 PM »
Speak of beds ... I'm happy to report that I made my bed today for the first time in days  :)
The last four days have been my days off and I've been hesitant to make the bed because I MIGHT have to go back to sleep or something. But I decided that I'll just have to take that risk today. The unmade bed is hard to sleep in anyway cuz the covers get tangled.
When you have somebody dying because they are poor and black or poor and white or because of whatever they are ... that erases everything that's great about this country.

-TMcGraw

http://www.wm3.org/splash.php

LegalLassie

« Reply #49 on: August 03, 2005, 02:57:03 PM »
Got my LSDA's report and they didn't make any mistakes, and it is better than I thought it would be.