Law School Discussion

June: cancelling score - reprecussions?

utaustin

• 3.36/164
    • View Profile
June: cancelling score - reprecussions?
« on: June 10, 2004, 11:58:57 PM »
so, i'm debating here...

take the june lsat and cancel if it doesn't feel like i've hit a 170?

or keep the score i most likely will get, 164, and retake for a higher average?

I'd like to sit for the June test either way, but I don't know how badly it would be to have a cancelled score on the record.

nathanielmark

Re: June: cancelling score - reprecussions?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2004, 07:11:14 AM »
if it doesnt feel like a 170, i dont think i would cancel.  i have hit 170 a bunch of times in my practices and it usually feels like i did not do very well at all.

ironically, i generally do better when i think i have done worse, and vice versa.

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2004, 11:43:10 AM »
I heard from my instructor that admissions doesn't care whether you cancelled or not.

Maybe you should write the test just for the experience of it and cancel afterwards

:)

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2004, 08:46:55 AM »
HI all:

I just took the june exame.  I am thinking about cancelling (suffice it to say that what I hoped was an experimental section, wasnt.) Anyways....Are we sure that law schools wont frown upon my application if I do??  I'm freaking out!!!

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2004, 01:03:29 PM »
If it's any help, I cancelled my first score, and I still did better than I expected in admissions.  I don't think any of the schools took really took into account that I cancelled my score.  Also, I thought that I did horrible on the second test, and I wanted to cancel that one too.  I didn't, and I miraculously scored very well.