Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Can mid 150 to high 150 get in to a second tier (or a respectable LS) in US??  (Read 2431 times)

LittleRussianPrincess, Esq.

• Sr. Citizen
  • Hopelessly devoted...to the Tennessee Vols!
    • View Profile
Ruskie got into Boalt with a 157. Not sure of her GPA though - must have been sky high.
Oh, did she? ;)

HAHAHAHAHA!

Are you a URM RuskieVol?  I'd like to believe GPA can overcome the f*cking LSAT somewhere with no other soft factors attached!

I accept your heartfelt congratulations. ::)

No, I am as white as the background I type on.

That's excellent, good for you!  What tips do you have for the rest of us average, middle class whities who have never climbed a mountain or written a novel?  Do you mind sharing some of your application experiences, since you don't have an LSN profile?

i used to speculate about what it was that pushed me over the hump, but i really don't know anymore.  when i did speculate, i wrote about it on here.  do a search for ruskiegirl and boalt.  you should find some stuff.
Russian by birth, Southern by the grace of God.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Ruskie got into Boalt with a 157. Not sure of her GPA though - must have been sky high.
Oh, did she? ;)

HAHAHAHAHA!

Are you a URM RuskieVol?  I'd like to believe GPA can overcome the f*cking LSAT somewhere with no other soft factors attached!

I accept your heartfelt congratulations. ::)

No, I am as white as the background I type on.

That's excellent, good for you!  What tips do you have for the rest of us average, middle class whities who have never climbed a mountain or written a novel?  Do you mind sharing some of your application experiences, since you don't have an LSN profile?

i used to speculate about what it was that pushed me over the hump, but i really don't know anymore.  when i did speculate, i wrote about it on here.  do a search for ruskiegirl and boalt.  you should find some stuff.

Lord, the search feature on here sucks.  There are about a zillion pages, many of which seem to be AA discussion, and you have to refresh each time to go through them.  Care to provide the Cliff Notes?

used to think the PS and GPA did it.  now i have no idea.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile

uwofresh, you should be able to get into a comparably better law school in Canada than in the US with those numbers.  You're better off going to Queens or Western or York for 9k CND/yr and having to be top 40% for a chance at Canadian biglaw in TO/Ottawa/MTL than going to Brooklyn for 30k USD/yr and having to be top 20% for a shot at biglaw in NYC.

vkschicago

• View Profile
I had a 158/3.9.

Def an average applicant.  White female straight from undergrad. 

Was only outright accepted to IU-Indy, a Tier 2 (although I did shoot high in my apps).

I was waitlisted and not to much later accepted to Miami, also T2, but I applied really late there.

I was waitlisted and later accepted to IU-Bloomington, T1.

I was also waitlisted at American University, and The Ohio State University, T1 schools.

I was also waitlisted at Case Western University.

Granted these schools aren't in the New York area, but it is very possible to get into a T2, and a T1 is not out of the question.

vkschicago

• View Profile
I have not heard a single thing from American.