Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Blackman's success increasing the likelyhood of him dating outside his race?  (Read 11207 times)

cali444

• Sr. Citizen
  • I, sir, am a lady
    • View Profile
I agree with scurvey about the environment thing.  There was like one black family in my town, so if any of their kids wanted to date, they had no choice but to go outside their race.  I think they turned out fine

I bet they didn't turn out as fine as you think.  At least some of them have major identity issues, I promise.  I grew up similarly, and I wish every day that I hadn't.  We learned to cope, of course, but it really messes with your head to always be different and to be surrounded by people who don't look like you.

ScurvyWench

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Hmmm…so if I continue to get the same result, why continue to date professional black men?  Like I said, the kind of black men that I like don’t necessarily go for black women.  I like Carlton Banks, Tiger Woods, Bryan Gumble type men. 

They don't have to be your first choice, but I wouldn't say that they're not an option. How old are you and where do you live? I've got some cousins who fit that description. One's even an anchorman. . .

VanBuren Boys

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - vanbBoys8
    • View Profile
I agree with scurvey about the environment thing.  There was like one black family in my town, so if any of their kids wanted to date, they had no choice but to go outside their race.  I think they turned out fine

I bet they didn't turn out as fine as you think.  At least some of them have major identity issues, I promise.  I grew up similarly, and I wish every day that I hadn't.  We learned to cope, of course, but it really messes with your head to always be different and to be surrounded by people who don't like like you.

Well, they seemed happy while they were in town.  They move awhile back, so I havent kept up with them

Victor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Ok, you are a black man, for some strange reason you got smacked with serious talent, and serious support from your family. You hit 170 on your LSAT, and off you go to Univ of Chicago, Yale or Stanford.

Your circle of friends increases, you graduate, and job offers come pouring in amounting to $125k. You accept a job at a Big Law firm, and your circle changes even more (your coworkers, bosses, clients), gradually your tastes changes. You eat pasta instead of soul food, and you start wearing metrosexual clothing instead of urban clothing. You are by no means a sell out, your politics remain strong as ever. Now since most of your colleagues are white, you end up falling for a white woman, you get married, then you are labeled an uncle tom.

And the tip of the iceberg is, you are not living anymore in the neighborhood you grow up. Of course, you are making money to afford something better.

Now why is it that blackmen get a lot of flack from people as being sellouts, when all that happened was that they simply coalesced in their new environment. Its not like if they intentionally planned such, it just came with the new territory.

This sounds like How To Become a #%@! for Dummies. I'm from NYC, and I've been around crack heads but that doesnt mean I'm gonna let a crack head b!tch give me head. Her rusty ass lips would leave cuts on my d!ck.

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
there are men that fit that mold that date black women.. trust me

Hmmm…so if I continue to get the same result, why continue to date professional black men?  Like I said, the kind of black men that I like don’t necessarily go for black women.  I like Carlton Banks, Tiger Woods, Bryan Gumble type men. 
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

lex19

don't forget kwame, him and carlton are actually married to black women, gumble is pure scum

there are men that fit that mold that date black women.. trust me

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
kwame jackson? he's married?
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

lex19

yeah him and his wife were on the cover of something,i believe they got married after the show

kwame jackson? he's married?

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile

shiveringjenny

I know a single guy who's going to med school who only dates black girls, if you are in Florida and want to try to net him. He's really annoying and vain, though. This is evidenced by this picture: