Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What is minority outside of law school?  (Read 4779 times)

TrojanChispas

• Sr. Citizen
  • , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
Re: What is minority outside of law school?
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2005, 01:57:26 AM »
REad what I wrote, I said the application asked what race I am, anyways foget about it.

If the application asked what race you are, then why do you need to know what a minority is; why the thread question?  are you going to change what you put on your application so you can be considered a minority?
Arab Majority May Not Stay Forever Silent
http://www.nysun.com/article/36110?page_no=1

ImVinny!

• Sr. Citizen
  • What am I?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2005, 09:27:49 AM »
No, I am not changing what I wrote. I always put other anyways. I am just curious as to what others believe a minority is. On the census they through Hispanics in with whites, and that way we see that only 13% ish is af am in US and like 72% ish is white. That's why I ask. They through all light-colored skins together.

pop_tort

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2005, 11:15:08 AM »
No, I am not changing what I wrote. I always put other anyways. I am just curious as to what others believe a minority is. On the census they through Hispanics in with whites, and that way we see that only 13% ish is af am in US and like 72% ish is white. That's why I ask. They through all light-colored skins together.

Isn't it "throw"? As opposed to "through"?

And don't black people come in "light colored skins" too? Collin Powel, Nicole Richie, Vanessa Williams, Mariah Carey, Alicia Keys....

As for the Hispanics, it's a very ambiguous term (which really means nothing) since it emcompases people of all colors. Cameron Diaz and Christina Aguilera are Hispanic, and so are Celia Cruz, Lisa 'Left Eye' Lopes, Eva, and Alberto Fujimori.

ImVinny, we know- you want the colorblind society where it's even-steven for everyone.. same treatment for all, not boxes to check. Sadly, it's not gonna happen.....

TrojanChispas

• Sr. Citizen
  • , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2005, 11:17:16 AM »

And don't black people come in "light colored skins" too? Collin Powel, Nicole Richie, Vanessa Williams, Mariah Carey, Alicia Keys....

As for the Hispanics, it's a very ambiguous term (which really means nothing) since it emcompases people of all colors. Cameron Diaz and Christina Aguilera are Hispanic, and so are Celia Cruz, Lisa 'Left Eye' Lopes, Eva, and Alberto Fujimori.

ImVinny, we know- you want the colorblind society where it's even-steven for everyone.. same treatment for all, not boxes to check. Sadly, it's not gonna happen.....

and doesnt it seem ridic that for 100+ years we havent had a color blind society, the laws have worked to the disadvantage of all minorities BUT the minute the law wises up and sees its errors, people want to take away the advantages that have JUST been given to minorities.

TrojanChispas

• Sr. Citizen
  • , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2005, 11:20:10 AM »
Admit that the thread question has nothing to do with your application and that the question didnt say: Are you a minority?

ImVinny!

• Sr. Citizen
  • What am I?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2005, 03:11:31 PM »

I just wish it would!! I don't like people always thinking race has something to do with decisions. Many people said that after Katrina that Bush hated black people and such because it was hard to get aid there quickly. They fail to realize that the roads were blocked, everything was just messed up. It would have been the same no matter WHO was affected. I just beat my self up at night sometimes over people hating others just because of something they can't even control.

ImVinny!

• Sr. Citizen
  • What am I?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2005, 03:14:07 PM »
this has nothing to do with law school, but I was wondering, outside of law school admissions etc. What is a minority? Is it ONLY black, hispanic, american indian? Or, are others included like Arab, Asian, italian, Greek, Irish, etc? ANY others? I am just wondering for purposes of filling out a form for ,y job interview. Does anybody know?

I never said the question asked if I was a minority. I said that I was curious what others think minority means. Alsomy job form did ask what race I was, I was wondering what races are minority. I was filling in race on the job form. I just wanted others' opinions is all. THIS was my original post. SO stop saying that I said something else, because I did not, as you can now read.

pop_tort

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2005, 06:40:44 PM »

I just wish it would!! I don't like people always thinking race has something to do with decisions. Many people said that after Katrina that Bush hated black people and such because it was hard to get aid there quickly. They fail to realize that the roads were blocked, everything was just messed up. It would have been the same no matter WHO was affected. I just beat my self up at night sometimes over people hating others just because of something they can't even control.

Now now, it was Kanye West who claimed that Bush hated black people. Interestly, Kanye managed to make that comment the same week when his album was released. Hmmm....

TrojanChispas

• Sr. Citizen
  • , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2005, 06:43:20 PM »
this has nothing to do with law school, but I was wondering, outside of law school admissions etc. What is a minority? Is it ONLY black, hispanic, american indian? Or, are others included like Arab, Asian, italian, Greek, Irish, etc? ANY others? I am just wondering for purposes of filling out a form for ,y job interview. Does anybody know?

I never said the question asked if I was a minority. I said that I was curious what others think minority means. Alsomy job form did ask what race I was, I was wondering what races are minority. I was filling in race on the job form. I just wanted others' opinions is all. THIS was my original post. SO stop saying that I said something else, because I did not, as you can now read.

You dont need to know what a minority is to tell someone your race

HTH

ImVinny!

• Sr. Citizen
  • What am I?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: November 01, 2005, 09:35:04 AM »

Now now, it was Kanye West who claimed that Bush hated black people. Interestly, Kanye managed to make that comment the same week when his album was released. Hmmm....

Yes, I know he is the one that said it, and that he was just trying to get publicity, yadda yadda. But really, after he said that people went crazy agreeing with him that Bush is against black people, holding them down, whatever. Bush is actually very much for minorities, especially hispanics, look at what he wanted to do with immigration, even before 9/11 he was on that kick.
Some Republicans are actually not in agreement with him on his immigration wanna-be policies. They see him as too lax.