Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Florida A& M and Florida International  (Read 1044 times)

lawschoolafterdark

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Law School After Dark
Florida A& M and Florida International
« on: June 15, 2004, 06:16:30 PM »
According to published reports the ABA is set to grant provisional appoval to Florida A&M and Florida International University Law Schools.  The ABA will not make it official until the ABA board meets on August 5th.  Florida will soon have graduates from ten different law schools sitting for the bar.  FAMU and FIU are both in their second year of operation. Florida A&M is a historically black University and had a law school until integration in the late sixties. Both schools offer part-time and evening programs.

FAMUstudent

• Can't get enough of that Gamma stuff!
    • MSN Messenger - babysavage007
    • AOL Instant Messenger - babyg1rl007
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - babyg1rl007
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Florida A& M and Florida International
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2004, 10:01:31 AM »
I am going to FAMU in the fall and I'm really excited  ;D.  I found out about the provisional accreditation nomination right after I got my acceptance letter from FAMU.  So far, I only know one other person from my undergrad institution that got accepted to law school even though 60+ people from my school took the LSAT(including graduate students, we have 5,000+ students).  Plus, I have a long legacy coming from FAMU and my family is excited that I'm going to be a Rattler.
"There are... I said there are so many amendments to the constitution of the United States of America.  But I can only choose one. I can only choose oooonnnneeee.  I plea the fif.  One Two Three Four FIF." Dave Chappelle

The Name's Dali

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2004, 10:45:46 AM »
Congrats!  Tally is pretty nice.

exposť

• Sr. Citizen
  • honey, i'm home...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2004, 11:12:19 AM »
How long does this provisional accreditation at FIU and FAMU take to become full accreditation?

FAMUstudent

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2004, 12:37:14 PM »
I believe it's between 3-5 years for full accreditation but those who attend provisional schools have the same rights as fully accredited schools(in other words, ability to take the bar in other states *thumbs up*).  Oh, I should mention that FAMU college of law is located in Orlando, FL not Tallahassee.
"There are... I said there are so many amendments to the constitution of the United States of America.  But I can only choose one. I can only choose oooonnnneeee.  I plea the fif.  One Two Three Four FIF." Dave Chappelle

The Name's Dali

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2004, 02:50:42 PM »
Oh yeah, my bad.  The main FAMU is in Tally, that's why I was confused.  I think you can't go wrong with going to any of Florida's state law colleges (UF, FSU, FAMU, FIU) because they are cheap and Florida is a booming place to practice.

FAMUstudent

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2004, 03:28:04 AM »
FAMU and FIU got their provisional ABA accreditations.  This is so exciting!

dgatl

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2004, 11:22:37 AM »
i love "the set" at FAMU.  good luck.  i personally despise Orlando, but its great that FAMU and FIU are on their way up.

ginthailand

• I'll take the case...
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2004, 10:16:33 PM »
Glad to hear that FIU Law received provisional accreditation, considering I'm getting my second BA there.  I'll definitely apply, but it worries me that the law school currently occupies only a couple of floors in the Graham Library.  They need to knock down one of the new parking structures and put up a law school building.  Then again, going to law school in a libary is better than paying $24K a year for Nova Southeastern.
"If there is any fixed star in our constitutional constellation, it is that no official, high or petty, can prescribe what shall be orthodox in politics, nationalism, religion, or other matters of opinion or force citizens to confess by word or act their faith therein." - Justice Robert Jackson

WKRUSE

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2005, 12:15:05 PM »
I am starting FIU in the Fall.  I can't wait.  I'll keep you posted on how things go.