Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Students and Graduates Board  (Read 1155 times)

J D

• Sr. Citizen
  • Lust isn't one of the 7 Deadly Sins for nothing...
    • View Profile
Students and Graduates Board
« on: July 23, 2005, 04:54:11 PM »
I don't know if this is being posted in the right place; I didn't see a suggestions section on the other board, so I'm posting it here and hoping the message gets where it should go.

Anyway, the S & G Board doesn't seem to work as well as this one.  For some reason, when I click the back button after reading a thread or perusing a section of the board, the forum doesn't appear to acknowledge that I have looked at those threads or boards.  To give an example, the "new" signs next to threads will remain even after I have read the new messages in the thread, until I visit the board again.  Or the flags next to sections of the board will still be dark blue.  ON the Pre-Law board, the "new" signs disappear when I click the back button after reading the thread, and the flags next to the sections of the board gray out.

If you were to change this so that the S & G board behaves like the Pre-Law board, I would definitely use that board more.  As it stands now, it is more inconvenient to read post on the S & G board because I sometimes have trouble keeping trac of which posts I have already read, and I hate to click on the something only to discover I have already read it and that I have just wasted time.

Thanks.
"I never think of the future.  It comes soon enough."--Albert Einstein

loddus

• ICQ Messenger - 3702699
    • View Profile
    • Boobscan
Re: Students and Graduates Board
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2005, 01:55:46 PM »
Another complaint is that you have to have different ID's to log into the prelaw and student boards.  They should share user's so we can cross over once use PreLaw people become students.
Man:"Good day Number 6."
Number 6:"Number what?"
Man:"Six. For official purposes, everyone has a number. Your's is Number 6."
Number 6:"I am not a number. I am a person."
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=loddus