Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 16 year old in at yale (woody allen's son)  (Read 3352 times)

lookwhois

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.63 / 168
    • View Profile
Pending: 17
Accepted: 2 (Michigan and Notre Dame)
Denied: 0
Waitlisted:0
Closed all apps, Attending MICHIGAN

lookwhois

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.63 / 168
    • View Profile
Re: 16 year old in at yale (woody allen's son)
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2005, 10:12:05 PM »
Yep, he's been accepted to Yale Law School, which he'll attend in the fall, and which he hopes to use to further human rights policies. "I can't say I'll be completely selfless the way my mother has, giving up her career to raise 14 children, but I can say that I'll devote my life to trying to make a difference for the better."

Pending: 17
Accepted: 2 (Michigan and Notre Dame)
Denied: 0
Waitlisted:0
Closed all apps, Attending MICHIGAN

dave303

• Sr. Citizen
  • La plus belle pour aller danser
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2005, 10:13:54 PM »
good for him, he gave up an almost certain multi million dollar film career to do something he believes in

though of course he could graduate and decide that he wants to go hollywood anyways

HippieLawChick

• Sr. Citizen
  • Current 2L
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2005, 02:01:33 PM »
I wonder what his LSAT score was? ;)

dal79

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2005, 03:58:54 PM »
maybe he's on LSN  ;D

wrmusgro

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2005, 04:34:29 PM »
I remember this kid (who was later identified as Seamus) posted on princeton review's law school discussion website last year. Because I'm a huge loser now, and have nothing better to do with my time I went and searched the Princeton Review website and copied and pasted his original post below.  Sounds from the way this kid talks that he's a real gem at parties..... Enjoy.

"I got into Yale Law School, which (needless to say) doesn't exactly seem like a bad option. Georgetown was the first school I got into, and my previous top choice.

I graduated from Bard College with a solid GPA (well, 3.93). I didn't have a perfect LSAT score, but I did have a number of unconventional assets which might have helped. I did some human rights work in Africa, which required traveling and living in war-torn regions of Angola and Nigeria. I hold a position as a UNICEF ambassador, and have written and spoken in a couple of high profile venues - articles published in the New York Times Upfront Magazine, speech given at the UN, interviewed on CNN, etc. - about Angola's current oil revenue distribution debacle. Also, I just turned sixteen (I started college at 11). There seemed, initially, to be a great deal of skepticism at Yale regarding this last point, so I was surprised to hear that they've admitted me.

This should lend hope to anyone else with an unconventional record. If you can distinguish yourself in other ways, the numbers are of secondary concern.

Here's my question: Yale Law wants to hear back from me by May 3rd. I'm leaning towards accepting the offer from Yale, but I haven't heard from Harvard yet. Is it worth waiting it out for Harvard's decision, or shall I stick with Yale?

edit:
Since my initial post I've visited Yale. Seeing it lends more credence than I can say to that pro-Yale leaning. It's small, intimate, and seems to be home to a fantastic student body and faculty."

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2005, 05:09:12 PM »
Can you link to the thread?

I remember this kid (who was later identified as Seamus) posted on princeton review's law school discussion website last year. Because I'm a huge loser now, and have nothing better to do with my time I went and searched the Princeton Review website and copied and pasted his original post below.  Sounds from the way this kid talks that he's a real gem at parties..... Enjoy.

"I got into Yale Law School, which (needless to say) doesn't exactly seem like a bad option. Georgetown was the first school I got into, and my previous top choice.

I graduated from Bard College with a solid GPA (well, 3.93). I didn't have a perfect LSAT score, but I did have a number of unconventional assets which might have helped. I did some human rights work in Africa, which required traveling and living in war-torn regions of Angola and Nigeria. I hold a position as a UNICEF ambassador, and have written and spoken in a couple of high profile venues - articles published in the New York Times Upfront Magazine, speech given at the UN, interviewed on CNN, etc. - about Angola's current oil revenue distribution debacle. Also, I just turned sixteen (I started college at 11). There seemed, initially, to be a great deal of skepticism at Yale regarding this last point, so I was surprised to hear that they've admitted me.

This should lend hope to anyone else with an unconventional record. If you can distinguish yourself in other ways, the numbers are of secondary concern.

Here's my question: Yale Law wants to hear back from me by May 3rd. I'm leaning towards accepting the offer from Yale, but I haven't heard from Harvard yet. Is it worth waiting it out for Harvard's decision, or shall I stick with Yale?

edit:
Since my initial post I've visited Yale. Seeing it lends more credence than I can say to that pro-Yale leaning. It's small, intimate, and seems to be home to a fantastic student body and faculty."

HippieLawChick

• Sr. Citizen
  • Current 2L
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2005, 05:52:03 PM »
Just goes to show how nice it is when your parents are rich and famous. 

wrmusgro

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2005, 06:30:57 PM »
Here you go. The link is below. It also includes all of the posts about it.

http://discuss.princetonreview.com/tm.asp?m=6986959&mpage=1&key=seamus&#6987111

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2005, 08:09:30 PM »
Very interesting.  Thanks.