Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Hustle & Flow (the movie)  (Read 3586 times)

ScurvyWench

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Hustle & Flow (the movie)
« on: July 22, 2005, 04:32:21 PM »
Terrence Howard stars. It looks pretty good. It's in theatres now. Any thoughts?

shiveringjenny

Re: Hustle & Flow (the movie)
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2005, 05:11:44 PM »
I'm gonna see it this weekend along with March of the Penguins and Murderball.

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2005, 05:16:33 PM »
i still haven't seen Crash..  :-[
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

consideringcancel

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2005, 05:42:50 PM »
i still haven't seen Crash..  :-[

Don't waste your money. A very pathetic attempt to be a meaningful movie.

kccole

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2005, 07:51:53 PM »
It's a great movie!  I'll probably check it out again. It's directed very well. At times it's as if you're not watching a movie, but that you're actually spying on these peoples lives as they try to escape reality.If anyone would have told me that the phrase "Whoop That Trick" would be banging inside my head several hours after seeing this movie, I would have told them to put down the dope. But, it is!! And I don't mind!  ;D
Get Right, or get Left!!!!

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2005, 08:02:10 PM »
I don't know.. i just have problems sitting through things where women are being called bitches and hoes...
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

Lawprofessor

• Sr. Citizen
  • Pony Up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2005, 10:45:26 PM »
I don't know.. i just have problems sitting through things where women are being called bitches and hoes...

Hey stretch,

It is a movie about a pimp, what do you expect them to call women? ::) :D

Back in the saddle again.

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2005, 11:06:18 PM »
hey... >:( :D

Made4law

• Sr. Citizen
  • "to boldly go, where no man has gone before"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2005, 11:13:10 PM »
Good movie...I have that song "whoop that trick" stuck in my head too.  Better than I thought it would be...Blk, you are surely missing out with "Crash", to me it was the second best movie of the year, behind Batman Begins.

The best line of that movie and possibly any movie this year was, "most of the bitches I know are men" that had me rolling... ;D ;D
"Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy."

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2005, 11:15:26 PM »
i miss out on a lot of things these days.. but i'll probably go and see hustle and flow anyway.. quite a few people said it's a good movie.. and terrance howard is an excellent actor