Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Rutgers-Newark Frustration!  (Read 1096 times)

abc2103

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Rutgers-Newark Frustration!
« on: July 21, 2005, 03:18:54 PM »
Ok...I know other schools do it too but what is with schools randomly sending out acceptances to people who did not even care to apply to them and offer scholarship money, when they have a million people on the waitlist!!!! I was deferred then moved to wait list! When I call, they give me the run around (which I do not, as a rule, call much at all because I do not want to be annoying, only when I have a legitimate question) Well I know this is so bitter but I am so ready for this process to be over...Congrats to the person on LSN who got the offer....just wish they would wake up and see that they do not have to pay people to go there when there are people like me who want to pay THEM!!! oh well...it has been a bad week...sorry for the whining...just gotta do it sometime!
Attending: Brooklyn

cam108

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Rutgers-Newark Frustration!
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2005, 04:46:29 PM »
I didnt know Rutgers-Newark was doing that as well. I thought it was only Rutgers-Camden.
Oh, well anyhow that sucks!  I'm not sure i'd want to attend a law school that carried on in such a odd manner. I mean to offer seats to those who haven't even taken the time to apply?! and in total disregard to the people who did apply and are on the waitlist? I dunno, maybe you wouldnt want to go there afterall.
good luck with your WL's though.
HUSL 1L

abc2103

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2005, 04:49:28 PM »
Thanks, and neither did I. A guy posted on LSN today and that he was offered that a couple of weeks ago...so yes kind of frustrating! You are right...it has kind of bummed me out about them...of course once you are in you do not have to deal with them anymore...but it does make you kind of wonder if that attitude is prevalent in other administrative areas of their school. Good luck to you too!
Attending: Brooklyn

cam108

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2005, 11:15:57 PM »
thanks, and yes it does kinda make you wonder what other loop-holes they have up their sleeve.
HUSL 1L

cannotpick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2005, 10:50:29 AM »
Ok...I know other schools do it too but what is with schools randomly sending out acceptances to people who did not even care to apply to them and offer scholarship money

To be honest, I don't know of a lot of other schools that do this. I really think that this whole process has shown Rutgers law schools to be in decline. The fact that they are actively solicitating people who have expressed no interest in the school really shows that they have some paranoia about their numbers. Oh well, I wish you the best & am sorry to hear that this has been such an annoying process. But trust me, I know the feeling.
'08 graduate of Brooklyn Law

...The Dude abides...

Perversely

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2005, 03:29:23 PM »
Ok...I know other schools do it too but what is with schools randomly sending out acceptances to people who did not even care to apply to them and offer scholarship money, when they have a million people on the waitlist!!!! I was deferred then moved to wait list! When I call, they give me the run around (which I do not, as a rule, call much at all because I do not want to be annoying, only when I have a legitimate question) Well I know this is so bitter but I am so ready for this process to be over...Congrats to the person on LSN who got the offer....just wish they would wake up and see that they do not have to pay people to go there when there are people like me who want to pay THEM!!! oh well...it has been a bad week...sorry for the whining...just gotta do it sometime!

if a school cares more about rank than the people who care about them by applying, then they're not worth your time.  honestly, i think that this type of behavior is obnoxious.  it says:  we didn't get the people who WE wanted to apply, so we're going to go steal them from other schools AND it says, we can give a sh*t about those who did.

one last thing is said when the school(s) did that:  we can only bring up our rank based on #s.

do something about the ranking system!!!!!!!!! it is flawed!  gee wiz!!!!!!! surely the schools can do something about it being published the WAY it is published.

sadly enough because the disparity between the "haves and the haves not" in our economy is becoming so large, this law school admissions stuff is going to get worse. 

the poor, uneducated or poorly educated folk in the country won't be able to compete so the pool of big #s will get smaller, smaller, & smaller.

don't worry about it--at least you've gotten into law school!!!!!! congrats on brooklyn

WhoShotTheGander

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2005, 05:49:01 PM »
Rutgers is a horrible institution in general. Stick with your Brooklyn PT, you won't regret it.