3 (20%)
skirt suit (i am a woman)
 5 (33.3%)
skirt suit (i am a man :-P)
 1 (6.7%)
it doesn't matter as long as i can wear pinstripes and gator skin shoes
 4 (26.7%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: Interview Attire (for the rising 2L's)  (Read 4714 times)

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: Interview Attire (for the rising 2L's)
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2005, 05:17:26 PM »
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

Statistic

• LSD Obsessed
  • I never had a chance
    • View Profile
Look to the left -- Look to the right

LittleRussianPrincess, Esq.

• Sr. Citizen
  • Hopelessly devoted...to the Tennessee Vols!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2005, 10:03:53 AM »
Well, let me ask you another question - do you think a guy would realize if you are wearing a "cheap" suit vs an $800 suit, or is it the other women that we really dress for?  I don't think my boyfriend would have  a clue - even if I held the price tag in his face.  I truly think that in general we dress to impress other women - men really don't say " Ooh - I dig her - look at those cute shoes"

Many of the guys I know like to dress well so they recognize when a woman does too.  My boyfriend will see a cute pair of shoes on me and be like, "hey, those are nice -- BCBG?"

Yes, people who work in large and prestigious firms can tell a nice suits from a cheap one.  A cheap suit says everything, before you open your mouth.  If you're going to work for their firm, they expect you to look the part and dress the part, because you're their representative.  No one from Cravath (not that I want to work in a sweatshop, but just using them as an example) would want one of their attorneys going to court in a generic brand suit from JC Penny.  It reflects poorly on the firm.
Russian by birth, Southern by the grace of God.

mivida2k

• Sr. Citizen
  • Do I Really Need to Answer This Question
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2005, 02:01:24 PM »
Ann Taylor has a petite section and so does Banana Republic. 

none of the above..sorry

what's the problem with them?  i remember some people talking about tahari suits, but i don't like them.  they look cheap to me.  garfield and marks has high quality stuff and they fit me correctly.  i will have to get minimal alterations, but not nearly as much as i would on anything else.

you have to realize, blk, that i don't have the choices every other woman has, because i am so small.  i drown in ann taylor and j. crew.
The president's approval rating has dropped to 33 percent, matching his low in May. His handling of nearly every issue, from the Iraq war to foreign policy, contributed to the president's decline around the nation, even in the Republican-friendly South.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2005, 02:15:29 PM »
Ann Taylor has a petite section and so does Banana Republic. 

none of the above..sorry

what's the problem with them?  i remember some people talking about tahari suits, but i don't like them.  they look cheap to me.  garfield and marks has high quality stuff and they fit me correctly.  i will have to get minimal alterations, but not nearly as much as i would on anything else.

you have to realize, blk, that i don't have the choices every other woman has, because i am so small.  i drown in ann taylor and j. crew.
Sometimes I think petites and small sizes are just made to flatter women who are actually a few sizes bigger than the label indicates.  I went to Banana Republic yesterday and picked up a suit there, but it will require a TON of tailoring.  I got a petites 0 and the jacket sleeves are about an inch too long, the midsection is a good 4 inches too wide and the whole thing just hangs on me like a tee-pee.  But, I liked the style, so I guess it will be worth it.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2005, 09:24:47 PM »
If y'all are still looking for suits, I just got a really nice Garfield & Marks at Nordstrom for $385 with alterations.  They have a GREAT sale right now, but prices go back up August 1, so you should make your way there and check it out.  For those of you that like Tahari, I saw a nice light gray Tahari pantsuit there for $127.

Lexington

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2005, 09:31:02 AM »
I love the suit in the August issues of Essence (Terrence Howard on the cover, p. 63, "Shine On") minus the leopard blouse.  Too bad it costs $1300!! What is wrong with these people.. Maybe one day!  :D
"I take summers off cuz I love winter beef..." NAS

twarga

• Sr. Citizen
  • Must have cookie! Me like cookie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2005, 09:59:19 AM »
I bought a gorgeous black suit at JC Penney this week.  It was $160, but with their big clearance sale, I paid $35.99.  Can't beat that with a stick, and this suit makes me look like a skinny beeotch!   ;)
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=twarga

Attending:  Widener DE $$$
Accepted:  Rutgers-Camden, Villanova, Temple
Rejected:  Penn, Harvard

3.0 (3.82), 166

1lwhit

« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2005, 11:19:41 AM »
Iím interviewing at a job fair next week.  I am wearing a really nice black skirt suit.  The jacket has three buttons.  There is enough room to wear a collared shirt, but I hate wearing collared shirts.  They are just really uncomfortable under a jacket.  In every other interview, Iíve always worn a collared shirt under my jacket.

Do you guys think it will be ok if I wear a nice, v-neck, cream colored shell???

Please let me know.

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 03, 2005, 12:18:30 PM »
1L I'm sure that will be fine.. unless you want to jazz it up with a scarf instead... you'd be surprised :)
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...