Law School Discussion

voisin

« on: July 20, 2005, 07:00:58 PM »

Re: Supervisor / Underlings
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2005, 08:20:24 PM »
I don't think this this a good idea. It may seem that the employee has no choice but to write the letter

bruin

• View Profile
    • lsn profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2005, 04:27:22 AM »
I doubt an adcom will look favorably on an LOR from someone working under you, for reasone stated by wildcataz.

SkullTatt

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2005, 05:26:30 PM »
The post says "past" employee, so I'm assuming you do not have power over that person job-wise. Considering that leadership is one of the main things law schools look for, I think a former employee who really admires you and can point out the great things you did would be helpful. The writer will need to approach it just right, maybe even say you formerly were employer/employee, now you are peers, or now he/she is successful in another field.

twarga

• Must have cookie! Me like cookie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2005, 05:38:23 PM »
The post says "past" employee, so I'm assuming you do not have power over that person job-wise. Considering that leadership is one of the main things law schools look for, I think a former employee who really admires you and can point out the great things you did would be helpful. The writer will need to approach it just right, maybe even say you formerly were employer/employee, now you are peers, or now he/she is successful in another field.

That would definitely stand out... especially if you inspired that person to become sucessful himself.