Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: IN AT VANDERBILT???  (Read 467 times)

vandyhopeful

• View Profile
    • Email
IN AT VANDERBILT???
« on: July 20, 2005, 05:59:33 PM »

Is anyone in at Vandy and might be planning on going elsewhere? 

Here's my story: I have reliable information that I am at the top of their waitlist.  However, an admissions officer also informed me that a couple of people need to come off of the waiting list in order for me to be accepted.  With my sister going to undergrad there and my girl friend living in ATL, Vandy is perfect for me.  If you are planning on going somewhere else and are holding a spot at vandy, please, please, please notify the admissions office, so that we hopefuls can have a chance.  Otherwise pray for me...

Is anyone wavering on their decision??? Anyone??

Perversely

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: IN AT VANDERBILT???
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2005, 06:09:19 PM »

Is anyone in at Vandy and might be planning on going elsewhere? 

Here's my story: I have reliable information that I am at the top of their waitlist.  However, an admissions officer also informed me that a couple of people need to come off of the waiting list in order for me to be accepted.  With my sister going to undergrad there and my girl friend living in ATL, Vandy is perfect for me.  If you are planning on going somewhere else and are holding a spot at vandy, please, please, please notify the admissions office, so that we hopefuls can have a chance.  Otherwise pray for me...

Is anyone wavering on their decision??? Anyone??

unfortunately vandyhopeful, this is the Godaweful waiting game that you will live to tell your grand kids about. with the average person applying to 10 schools (instead of the once 5), and people getting accepted into at least 4 of them, it looks like it will boil down to the first day of school before people decide.

the thing about it, the schools really have the final say---why on earth all schools don't tell applicants that they have until July 15th if accepted by July 1st to decide, is beyond my understanding.

with the possibility of going down in ranks because of yield factor lost because people can't go once accepted so late in the game, it boggles my mind why schools just don't get together and decide collectively to accept a certain date for decisions and then a two-day decision on any acceptances after that.

oh, i forgot, it's all about the rankings.