Law School Discussion

Is Cooley Really The Worst Law School

MahlerGrooves

• See! Leonard Bernstein gave me a shoutout!
    • View Profile
Re: Is Cooley Really The Worst Law School
« Reply #160 on: May 09, 2008, 11:17:55 AM »
You sound like a legitimate student.  Good for you.  Do you plan on staying all three years, or will you try to transfer out?

This is one of the most condescending things I've seen on this board...

See edits (for clarity).  Not intended as such.

For what it is worth I do not look at it as condescension.  The people who do not do the necessary amount of research to know what they are getting into aren't exactly real students are they?

EXACTLY!  And I'm glad you took it as it was intended.

« Reply #161 on: May 09, 2008, 08:40:29 PM »
I love Cooley... they rank Brooklyn above Duke and almost equal to Stamford. I can feel my inferiority complex melting away. I can't wait to tell the kids on autoadmit...

« Reply #162 on: May 10, 2008, 12:29:52 AM »
...Bunch of f***ing amateurs!

hahahaha. donny, youre out of your element

« Reply #163 on: May 24, 2008, 01:24:09 PM »
Dude, I think University of La Verne in CA has Cooley beat. According to the ABA book they had a 27% bar passage rate and only 32% of their class was employed 9 months after graduation. Not only that, but they charge 30K a year for tuition. To top it off, they charge $60 just to apply. That's more than most 1st tier schools. I think this place should lose its accreditation.

UnoriginalAndrew

• I found a Moonrock in my nose!
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 25, 2008, 05:22:34 PM »
Are they even fully accredited?

Remedialone

• Patriotism is the refuge of a scoundrel.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #165 on: May 26, 2008, 07:23:21 AM »

Sergio

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 26, 2008, 06:44:11 PM »
Cooley is basically the last resort for people who want to be a lawyer but have poor academic backgrounds.  Hell, I don't think you even need a college degree to enroll.  So they go there, smart ones transfer up to a T2, and many flunk out.  Those people are all better off than the ones who stay 3 years.

Remedialone

• Patriotism is the refuge of a scoundrel.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #167 on: May 27, 2008, 05:30:38 AM »
Cooley is basically the last resort for people who want to be a lawyer but have poor academic backgrounds.  Hell, I don't think you even need a college degree to enroll.  So they go there, smart ones transfer up to a T2, and many flunk out.  Those people are all better off than the ones who stay 3 years.

I have seen this statement before.  Certainly it is a last resort for many.  In terms of not needing a BA there are cases in many schools where people have been admitted recently without a BA.  Tulane accepts them.  Yale accepts them.  Wyoming admits them.  I am sure there are others.  Many don't transfer out because they are receiving full scholarships.  I have developed  relationships with a few attorneys who are Cooley grads and doing very well.

« Reply #168 on: June 05, 2008, 08:25:21 PM »
to answer OP's question:  is there any meaningful difference between the worst and one of the worst?

« Reply #169 on: June 16, 2008, 01:58:51 PM »
I love Cooley... they rank Brooklyn above Duke and almost equal to Stamford. I can feel my inferiority complex melting away. I can't wait to tell the kids on autoadmit...

Almost equal to Stamford?  Say it ain't so!  How does it compare relative to Halvord, Enwyewe, Kalombiya and Burkaly?

:P