Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Is Cooley Really The Worst Law School  (Read 1625 times)

djack

• View Profile
    • Email
Is Cooley Really The Worst Law School
« on: July 20, 2005, 04:14:04 PM »
I was just wondering if Cooley really was the worst Law School on the planet. After looking at other schools I wondered if Cooley has just been given a bad reputation. If you can think of some Law schools that are equivalent to Cooley or worst please list them on this board.  

polyhymnia23

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - polyhymnia23
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Is Cooley Really The Worst Law School
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2005, 08:33:55 AM »
Cooley maybe easy to get into, but it's horribly hard to STAY. You work, you learn and you do well. The bar passage rate sucks, but that doesn't mean you aren't going to do well. I have several friends attending Cooley, and have done my research speaking with people associated with, or that have graduated from Cooley. The people who are attending say it's the hardest thing they have done and they love it. It's a great school with a great scheduling option. There are more pro's then con's in my opinion. What people think shouldn't matter. That's where I'll be. Regardless of what "other" 1L's think.

djack

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2005, 02:44:25 PM »
This is what I have been looking for a person with insight to Cooley. I didnít write the post to rag on Cooley. I just wanted to know why people seem to feel that the school is the worst of the approved law schools. Cooley may be a good school in regards to learning law and thatís all I am interested in doing. ;)

polyhymnia23

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2005, 06:38:34 PM »
People feel as thought Cooley is terrible because it is easy to get into. What people don't realize is that Cooley offers tremendous scholarships and a very rigorous prep. It's a great school and I don't care if people think otherwise. I just had a run in with the piblic defender about 2 hours ago and he couldn't think of anything bad to say about Cooley. He just said "don't listen to what people say, don't let them intimidate you, and call me if you need anything". It amazes me that people have so much time to rag on Cooley rather than start preparing for their own LS journey. Good luck to you!! Let me know what you decide and when you are going to start. :)

poly ::)

Tippy Farmbuckle

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2005, 02:18:22 AM »
someone has to come in 191st....but its an honorable last place, really, it is.

polyhymnia23

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2005, 09:43:37 AM »
ur hurting my feelings....no....really.. PLEASE.

CRDFNSKY

• NEEERDSSS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2005, 05:54:05 PM »
Wait a minute. A Public Defender? That should be a hint right there. I here they love Cooley grads over there.

karl marx

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2005, 01:13:13 PM »
Wait a minute. A Public Defender? That should be a hint right there. I here they love Cooley grads over there.

yeah, public defenders are stupid...so stupid that they can use the correct form of "hear," shitheel.

who the @#!* do you think you are?  seriously.  public defender is a noble profession.  it's not for me, but why would you rag on people who help others for comparatively no pay?  some people, I tell ya....

it's amazing how most attorneys don't cast any aspersions on where you're going to law school.  it seems to be something that remains a concern for law school applicants and biglaw.  honestly, as long as you work hard and aren't last in your class, they'll be options for you out of school.  if Cooley is what you get into, make the best of it.

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2005, 02:26:43 PM »
Objectively, Cooley isn't the worst law school.  People make fun of it mostly because it portends to be better than it is, as evidenced by its ridiculous homemade rankings.

rwu2l

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2005, 02:59:05 PM »

I agree with you Hammer.  Yes, public defender is a notable profession but maybe that is the only profession grads could find a job in since law firm employers laugh at cooley.
However, I will also say that Cooley is NOT the worst.  Roger Williams gets that trophy!
Just do a google search of Roger Williams and fraud.  That school admits students who really don't have a chance at graduating much less passing the bar much less finding a job.  Law school is actually a business decision in that why would one invest over 100 thousand dollars to not be able to find a job? and to have to live with the stigma of having gone to law school only to never practice law?  Even major media outlets have chimed in on Roger Williams!