Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What is this legacy garbage?  (Read 2393 times)

ImVinny!

• Sr. Citizen
  • What am I?
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: What is this legacy garbage?
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2005, 02:49:09 PM »
I don't think attorneys hsould be giving out personal advice at all. Also, I wouldn't care if the opposite of me were representing me in a case, so what, if they are good, then they are good.

LegalLassie

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2005, 10:39:45 PM »
I don't think attorneys hsould be giving out personal advice at all. Also, I wouldn't care if the opposite of me were representing me in a case, so what, if they are good, then they are good.

I think in some cases it wouldn't make a difference.  But in some cases, when you are a PD for instance and your client is a minority, scared, etc. it would make you more relatable to them if you were of their race or ethnicity. Or if you were doing some kind of public service lawyering where you worked with a very diverse clientele or working with a multi-national firm that operates overseas...  I just think diversity in a firm is a bonus in this respect because then that firm would always have someone of whatever race or ethnicity to be relatable to whatever client.  So, not that someone would be giving personal advice or counseling someone, but by virtue of their diversity (age/race/gender) they would be more relatable to particular clients.

ImVinny!

• Sr. Citizen
  • What am I?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2005, 02:25:49 PM »
So...
Legacy admits are stupid. Anyone else care to reply? Some other poster in another thread here said that no one is outraged about this as much as AA, well, this thread is continuing to boom. You are apparently wrong.

satyadaimoku

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2005, 07:37:34 PM »
"Then there should only be 12% blacks, how many blacks are in law school? I tried looking up the number but couldn't find anything."

Here are some numbers for you then:

Harvard: 10.2% black, 2.7% Hispanic
Yale: 8.4% black, 5% Hispanic
Stanford: 8.6% black, 11% Hispanic
Columbia: 9% black, 5.5% Hispanic
NYU: 8.8% black, 4.6% Hispanic
Georgetown: 9.2% black, 3.6% Hispanic
Michagen: 6.1% black, 6.3% Hispanic

Blacks and Hispanics are already underrepresented in the T14.  Now, ask yourself.  Are we better off as a country having that problem get worse, or are we better off having that problem get better?

Nemesis

• LSD Obsessed
  • The High Priestess
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2005, 08:50:56 PM »
So...
Legacy admits are stupid. Anyone else care to reply? Some other poster in another thread here said that no one is outraged about this as much as AA, well, this thread is continuing to boom. You are apparently wrong.

Get serious. The AA thread you are referring to now has over 100 posts. This has under 20. Continuing to boom?

You're TOOOOOO funny  :D :D :D :D

:-\

EDIT: My bad. That AA thread: over 200 now.
Who's your Daddy now?

Nemesis

• LSD Obsessed
  • The High Priestess
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2005, 08:53:35 PM »
"Then there should only be 12% blacks, how many blacks are in law school? I tried looking up the number but couldn't find anything."

Blacks and Hispanics are already underrepresented in the T14.  Now, ask yourself.  Are we better off as a country having that problem get worse, or are we better off having that problem get better?

Columbia doesn't know what it's missing  :)
Who's your Daddy now?

ImVinny!

• Sr. Citizen
  • What am I?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2005, 09:48:27 AM »

I meant out of ALL law schools. Not jsut T14.

Nemesis

• LSD Obsessed
  • The High Priestess
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2005, 10:16:25 AM »

I meant out of ALL law schools. Not jsut T14.

Stop asking people to do your research for you. If you want to make a point, go find the evidence you need to support it.
Who's your Daddy now?

HippieLawChick

• Sr. Citizen
  • Current 2L
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2005, 11:46:52 AM »
you tell um AnnabelLee!

ImVinny!

• Sr. Citizen
  • What am I?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2005, 02:48:42 PM »
I wasn't asking someone ELSE to look it up for me, cause I really don't care. I was just saying that I was talking about ALL schools together, not just ind schools.
Besides, I think that we are all seeing what legacy admits are doing to undergrads, they are letting in the really stupid people just because they had smart parents that went there. I really notice this at ND, especially with the girls that attend there. They think they are it, but are not. Most of the guys are drunkin jerks at that. They think they DESERVE something because their parents wennt there. I do NOT approve of that at all.