Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How can I found out about lawschools?  (Read 1116 times)

Victor

How can I found out about lawschools?
« on: June 15, 2004, 01:46:02 PM »
I tend to peruse 4law.net to find out about law schools. I'm in NYC but I want to attend a lawschool in a rural/quiet town area. I want to be away from the distractions of the city. I dont want to move to a lawschool and find out the cons about the law school and area when its too late.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ginatio

Re: How can I found out about lawschools?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2004, 01:56:48 PM »
let us know what pros you are looking for and what cons you are trying to avoid, and we'll give you suggestions...

off the bat, i'd suggest looking into the univ. of illinois (urbana-champaign). but if you're adverse to rough winters, then maybe not...

what specifics are you looking for?

ttiwed

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2004, 02:04:26 PM »
http://officialguide.lsac.org/search/cgi-bin/results.asp

this page will give you some general information about each law school. however, the descriptions are written by the schools themselves so they probably won't list many cons. the best way to find out is for you to visit the schools yourself. what might be considered a con to one person may be considered a pro to others.

Victor

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2004, 02:39:44 PM »
let us know what pros you are looking for and what cons you are trying to avoid, and we'll give you suggestions...

off the bat, i'd suggest looking into the univ. of illinois (urbana-champaign). but if you're adverse to rough winters, then maybe not...

what specifics are you looking for?

Well im looking to go to a law school in a quiet/low populated area. I dont like the city life. I prefer an area with cold/mild temperatures. A low crime area would help also. And also an area free from natural disasters. Because I'm probably going to practice in the area that I attend lawschool.

Thats about it . . .

Victor

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2004, 07:38:21 AM »
I found University of Wisconsin to be in accordance to my interest.

Ginatio

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2004, 11:03:11 AM »
As far as tier 1s go...

University of Minnesota, University of Michigan, University of Illinois (Urbana-Champaign), Cornell University, University of Wisconsin (Madison), University of Iowa.

Victor

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2004, 11:39:01 AM »
As far as tier 1s go...

University of Minnesota, University of Michigan, University of Illinois (Urbana-Champaign), Cornell University, University of Wisconsin (Madison), University of Iowa.

thanx Ginatio

jas9999

• Sr. Citizen
  • Actual Law Student
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2004, 12:18:14 PM »
the university of minnesota is right in the middle of the twin cities. if you don't want to be in a city, that's not a good choice.

wisconsin, however, is in madison, which is a really nice college town right on the lake.