Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Do Black People hate Koreans??  (Read 59359 times)

athena_epoch

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Do Black People hate Koreans??
« Reply #80 on: March 30, 2006, 02:15:26 PM »
I thinks Koreans are racists themsleves. so if black people hate Koreans, there is a reason.  Koreans hate lots of other people too. Koreans discriminate Chinese. You never hear Chinese hate anyone, that's why people don't hate chinese.

Mr. Pink

• LSD Obsessed
  • @#!* YOU! @#!* YOU! I'M f-in' DYING HERE! I'M FU
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #81 on: March 30, 2006, 02:36:39 PM »
I thinks Koreans are racists themsleves. so if black people hate Koreans, there is a reason. Koreans hate lots of other people too. Koreans discriminate Chinese. You never hear Chinese hate anyone, that's why people don't hate chinese.

I believe that the Chinese persecuted the Korean for a number of years and that's why there might be conflict between the two.  Chinese hate Japanese, all stems from Japanese killing thousands of Chinese prior and during WW2, and the fact that Japanese used Chinese (and I believe Korean women also) as sex slaves for their military. 
Mr. White: Smoke?
Mr. Pink: I quit.
[later]
Mr. Pink: What, you got one?

athena_epoch

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: March 30, 2006, 02:49:10 PM »
I thinks Koreans are racists themsleves. so if black people hate Koreans, there is a reason. Koreans hate lots of other people too. Koreans discriminate Chinese. You never hear Chinese hate anyone, that's why people don't hate chinese.

I believe that the Chinese persecuted the Korean for a number of years and that's why there might be conflict between the two.  Chinese hate Japanese, all stems from Japanese killing thousands of Chinese prior and during WW2, and the fact that Japanese used Chinese (and I believe Korean women also) as sex slaves for their military. 

chinese persecuted Korean? where does that come from?

Shady Lady

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 30, 2006, 11:47:52 PM »
If we're going to generalize about certain races hating certain races (and this is very generalized, and obviously by no means implies that every member of a race hates that other race), then I can tell you that Chinese people hate Japanese people. This is due to the WWII and the fact that many Chinese suffered, and there has been no formal apology. Mainland Chinese are also quite xenophobic in general. Maybe they're just more quiet about it??

I'm not sure it's fair to say that Koreans are among the most racist of all. I'm pretty sure just about every ethnicity has it's vocal and close-minded advocates who bash every other race for being smelly, stupid, ugly, etc... and somehow it applies to all races but their own.

Sooo, I'm rambling. UWOfrosh, thanks for bringing up this topic... fascinating.
Eyes on the prize. And it ain't BIGLAW.

dividebyzero

• Sr. Citizen
  • Motherf*ckin' Snakes On A Plane!
    • MSN Messenger - daedelus_rex@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: March 30, 2006, 11:51:53 PM »
I didn't think we had a chance to repeat the same arguments anywhere near long enough  ;)

Let the posting continue!
"Remove the chain, cause' that's off it!"

Acceptances: Georgetown ("off da' chain!")
That is all...

Shady Lady

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 30, 2006, 11:56:08 PM »
haha I'M SORRY!!  ::)
Eyes on the prize. And it ain't BIGLAW.

dividebyzero

• Sr. Citizen
  • Motherf*ckin' Snakes On A Plane!
    • MSN Messenger - daedelus_rex@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #86 on: March 30, 2006, 11:57:06 PM »
haha I'M SORRY!!  ::)

s'okay...
I was genuinely sad to see this thread die an early death.
"Remove the chain, cause' that's off it!"

Acceptances: Georgetown ("off da' chain!")
That is all...

Mr. Pink

• LSD Obsessed
  • @#!* YOU! @#!* YOU! I'M f-in' DYING HERE! I'M FU
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #87 on: March 31, 2006, 08:27:01 AM »

chinese persecuted Korean? where does that come from?

Sorry, Im wrong.  It's both Chinese and Korean that were persecuted by Japan.  My mistake, sry.
Mr. White: Smoke?
Mr. Pink: I quit.
[later]
Mr. Pink: What, you got one?

tempgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 24, 2007, 07:08:27 AM »
I am an african american and as a resident of the black community, I will give you MY honest opinion. No, I do not hate Koreans but what I DO hate is the fact that Koreans can come to our community and have the opportunity to sell us our wigs, black hair products as well as sell us our Lousiana fried fish and other things of OUR culture when we cannot be financed to do the same with the same treatment. How would Koreans feel if we went to Korea selling Korean food, clothing and things of their culture? They would probably say amongst themselves, what do these people think they're doing, what do they know about us? I have lost count of the number of times that I've gone into a swapmeet or beauty supply and noticed them watching me with very suspicious eyes as if to say, you people cannot be trusted. Thank you.

UCILS

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 24, 2007, 01:17:50 PM »
I am an african american and as a resident of the black community, I will give you MY honest opinion. No, I do not hate Koreans but what I DO hate is the fact that Koreans can come to our community and have the opportunity to sell us our wigs, black hair products as well as sell us our Lousiana fried fish and other things of OUR culture when we cannot be financed to do the same with the same treatment. How would Koreans feel if we went to Korea selling Korean food, clothing and things of their culture? They would probably say amongst themselves, what do these people think they're doing, what do they know about us? I have lost count of the number of times that I've gone into a swapmeet or beauty supply and noticed them watching me with very suspicious eyes as if to say, you people cannot be trusted. Thank you.

one of the sticking points seems to be the fact that immigrant groups have access to capital while african americans are often denied such access.