Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Do Black People hate Koreans??  (Read 55734 times)

Mr. Pink

• LSD Obsessed
  • @#!* YOU! @#!* YOU! I'M f-in' DYING HERE! I'M FU
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Re: Do Black People hate Koreans??
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2006, 11:27:15 AM »

Well I like "Spring, summer, fall, winter and spring" and "Oldboy".  I say Korean movies are only second to american and first in being original.  I need to watch Mr. Vengeance.

Isn't it Lady Vengeance? That movie was STRANGE! I didn't know what to think of it.. I liked oldboy, great plot, kinda sick though.

oh and watch scandal - korean version remake of Les Liasions Dangerueses. great great great setting.

that book has been made into movies as:

Dangerous Liaisons, 1988
Valmont, 1989
Cruel Intentions, 1999

in the states.

Their are TWO movies.  Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance and the newer Sympathy for Lady Vengeance
imdb doesnt lie - http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0661791/
Mr. White: Smoke?
Mr. Pink: I quit.
[later]
Mr. Pink: What, you got one?

piggy-buttercup

• Sr. Citizen
  • hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2006, 11:30:19 AM »
oooh~ there are two. better check out the mr. one then.

_BP_

• Sr. Citizen
  • Think. Wait. Fast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2006, 11:44:06 AM »
So there was this Korean girl in college that I was cool with.  We used to hang out all the time…she would come to my dorm and watch movies and we would just sit there and talk.  We both knew that we liked each other but somehow it never went there.  In some ways I’m glad nothing happened, it kinda preserved the innocent sweetness of the relationship.  Anyhow, that was then.  If I were to run across her now on the other hand………….lol
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
1776 TO 2006

Mr. Pink

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2006, 02:00:54 PM »
So there was this Korean girl in college that I was cool with.  We used to hang out all the time…she would come to my dorm and watch movies and we would just sit there and talk.  We both knew that we liked each other but somehow it never went there.  In some ways I’m glad nothing happened, it kinda preserved the innocent sweetness of the relationship.  Anyhow, that was then.  If I were to run across her now on the other hand………….lol

I know exactly what you mean...lol
[later]

SFnative

« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2006, 08:17:54 AM »

Mr. Pink

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2006, 09:07:19 AM »
Here is an interesting story related to this top:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/steelers/2006-02-09-ward-korea-buzz_x.htm

It not only Koreans that have a severe problem with discrimination against blacks, Ive heard stories of blacks being  call devilspawn in Japan and being physically attacked. 

--Interesting sidenote.  The reason that Japan is so obssesed with robots is that unlike American who get Mexicans and other immigrants to do minial labor, Japan is so zenophobic that they will not allow Phillipinos to immigrate eventhough they need the labor and Japanese have a declining birth rate.  Therefore they choose to develop service robots so that they will never have to resort to immigrant labor.
[later]

Mr. Pink

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2006, 09:39:05 AM »

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/steelers/2006-02-09-ward-korea-buzz_x.htm

It not only Koreans that have a severe problem with discrimination against blacks, Ive heard stories of blacks being  call devilspawn in Japan and being physically attacked. 

I wouldnt doubt it.  I plan on visiting japan also, I love sushi.  But Im just mentioning the fact that discrimination against blacks is not limited to Korea. 

While I do not doubt this, a couple of my friends have had pleasant experiences visiting Japan. They said they were treated like b-list celebrities, and in some cases like unicorns. Sure, they were only welcome superficially, but they never encountered any violence or hostility. If nothing else, I can live with that--as a tourist.
[later]

piggy-buttercup

• Sr. Citizen
  • hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2006, 09:46:58 AM »
I heard that black guys are really popular in Japan.. (heard it from a friend stationed in Japan as USMC)

While I do not doubt this, a couple of my friends have had pleasant experiences visiting Japan. They said they were treated like b-list celebrities, and in some cases like unicorns. Sure, they were only welcome superficially, but they never encountered any violence or hostility. If nothing else, I can live with that--as a tourist.

Mr. Pink

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #58 on: March 14, 2006, 09:59:48 AM »
I heard that black guys are really popular in Japan.. (heard it from a friend stationed in Japan as USMC)

More reasons for me to go then.... ;D ;D ;D ;D 8)...

Im not making a judgement on the whole society but just saying what I've heard about from a friend.  Not that this is typical behavior.  Most people are civilize.
[later]

Jigga00516

• AOL Instant Messenger - jigga00516
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 14, 2006, 10:05:53 AM »
Black Americans are welcomed in Japan as something like "b-list celebrities" as was said before. I'm not exactly sure why, my best guess would be that they see us on TV rapping and playing sports, and through that exposure have developed some sort of superficial admiration. However, Blacks from Africa who immigrated to Japan are looked upon negatively, and given the same racist treatment that our people are sure to find almost anywhere we go.