Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Do Black People hate Koreans??  (Read 55677 times)

Mr. Pink

• LSD Obsessed
  • @#!* YOU! @#!* YOU! I'M f-in' DYING HERE! I'M FU
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Re: Do Black People hate Koreans??
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2006, 12:32:22 AM »
I know of Koreans that hate other Koreans.   ???  Yeah. Good friend of mines is Korean another is Taiwanese.  They can get along well with me but other individual asians sometimes never make the effort.  I think the more assimilationist someone is the more multi-racial their friends will be (to a degree). Some Asians I've found to be very tribalistic.  Will only talk to their own kind and have no interest in conversing with others. 
Mr. White: Smoke?
Mr. Pink: I quit.
[later]
Mr. Pink: What, you got one?

piggy-buttercup

• Sr. Citizen
  • hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2006, 12:45:03 AM »
<----- korean

I think it's my parents' generation that are afraid of blacks. or any other asians to that effect. maybe b/c of LA riot?

very limited sample to draw my conclusions from, but I've never met any blakcs hating koreans.

It's kinda funny to see korean people jammin' to ice cube's rap songs here in korea. They probably don't have a clue about what they are dancing to..

Mr. Pink

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2006, 12:49:48 AM »
<-----Cool

I knew that you were Korean.  Funny than you mentioned that--I jam to the Korean group Turbo.  I dont know what they are saying.
[later]

piggy-buttercup

• Sr. Citizen
  • hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2006, 12:56:38 AM »
<-----Cool

I knew that you were Korean.  Funny than you mentioned that--I jam to the Korean group Turbo.  I dont know what they are saying.

their songs are catchy n upbeat.. one of their songs was really popular a few yrs ago... the song was about a black cat nero that the dude liked or some girl that reminded him of the black cat nero? i think other songs are about love and all that jazz, like majority of other korean pops are.

Mr. Pink

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2006, 01:01:15 AM »
Well I wouldnt know what they say in their songs anyways.  Like 5-6 years ago they had a cover of a Prince song.  Funny think about the video was that it was set in LA.  I mean South Central LA.  And the girl was working at a liquor store when it got rob and she died.  Very sad song.  Which I knew what they were saying.  It was called Turbo - 'Tonight'
[later]

cyberrev

« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2006, 10:42:51 AM »
my wife, who was born in korea, certainly appreciates all those who have seen fit to speak for her.

she didnt realize that she hated blacks until she read this thread, and would like to thank those posters for opening her eyes.

she was always willing to give people a chance based on who they are instead of what they look like, and abjectly apologizes for living in such error.

she promises from now on to conform to racial steroetypes.

piggy-buttercup

• Sr. Citizen
  • hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2006, 10:50:23 AM »
I don't hate Koreans. Never have. I took some classes in college that exposed me to Korean history and culture. Ever since that time, I have taken every opportunity I can to find out more about it. In fact, I am an avid watcher of Korean cinema and television.

which movies do ya like GJ? It seems like Korean movies are improving in quality dramatically.

Mr. Pink

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2006, 10:53:04 AM »

Well I like "Spring, summer, fall, winter and spring" and "Oldboy".  I say Korean movies are only second to american and first in being original.  I need to watch Mr. Vengeance.
[later]

piggy-buttercup

• Sr. Citizen
  • hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2006, 10:55:56 AM »

Well I like "Spring, summer, fall, winter and spring" and "Oldboy".  I say Korean movies are only second to american and first in being original.  I need to watch Mr. Vengeance.

Isn't it Lady Vengeance? That movie was STRANGE! I didn't know what to think of it.. I liked oldboy, great plot, kinda sick though.

oh and watch scandal - korean version remake of Les Liasions Dangerueses. great great great setting.

that book has been made into movies as:

Dangerous Liaisons, 1988
Valmont, 1989
Cruel Intentions, 1999

in the states.

piggy-buttercup

• Sr. Citizen
  • hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2006, 11:01:52 AM »
I don't hate Koreans. Never have. I took some classes in college that exposed me to Korean history and culture. Ever since that time, I have taken every opportunity I can to find out more about it. In fact, I am an avid watcher of Korean cinema and television.

which movies do ya like GJ? It seems like Korean movies are improving in quality dramatically.

My all time favorite is "My Sassy Girl." I know it is the typical favorite of non-Koreans, but it really touched me. I also loved "The Classic," "Over the Rainbow," and many of the high school centered comedies. These days, I watch more drama than movies. They allow for a level of character development the movies cannot touch.

do you rent the dramas from Korean video stores? Korean Dramas are ADDICTIVE.

My sassy girl is def a classic.