Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Do Black People hate Koreans??  (Read 57634 times)

jjk2

• View Profile
Re: Do Black People hate Koreans??
« Reply #100 on: May 07, 2009, 06:19:49 PM »
well from what i hear these two black people hate most

#1 Jews
#2 Koreans

Both share some common traits.

Esco

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 11, 2009, 01:42:54 PM »
well from what i hear these two black people hate most

#1 Jews
#2 Koreans

Both share some common traits.

You people are ignorant.  I feel sorry for your classmates.
I'm The Question and The Answer like A.I.

AgreeToDisagree

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 11, 2009, 03:21:56 PM »
My best friend is a Korean. He introduced me to Korean BBQ, Kim Chee (sp?), I even know how to say hello in Korean...Yeabaseaooo. I take my shoes off when I'm in his house and everything. I even listen to a Korean rapper named son of ran. All my Korean homeboys try to emulate my style, etc. but they're cool. No hatred over here.
"We have all met that type-- know-it-alls in our society who appoint themselves as infallible experts, but who actually know very little." - Ben Carson M.D.

Good Teacher

• Karl Marx was misguided but he meant well.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 09, 2009, 12:47:12 AM »
Is it just an assumption or do black people IN GENERAL hate koreans?? 
I ask this because I remember that there was a LA riot when Rodney King was beaten by the White police, and the Black people attacked all the korean grocery markets and destroyed everything.  My parents always told me that it was indeed initiated by Koreans since Koreans made majority of their money off of African-Americans, yet still showed no respect and acted as if they were the upper class compared to the Blacks.

I also remember when Ice Cube made a rap song dissing Koreans, and some other notable hating words by others about Koreans.  Is this true?? 

I'm not trying to start s**t, I'm just really really curious since this doesn't seem to be the case in Canada.(I'm korean btw) 

I don't speak for all the members of the African Diaspora and neither does Ice Cube (he spewed a lot of hate music back in the mid-90s when he apparently became part of the Nation of Islam...however; I think he's matured since then).  Please don't assume that all blacks harbor hate for any group of people.  In regards to Korean immigrants, I think many blacks have come to admire the thriving business presence Koreans hold in black communities throughout America.

Also, it's pretty safe to say that people (black, white, brown, etc) like or dislike individuals and not entire ethnic groups.  Therefore, if you're having problems with blacks personally, consider your own disposition, personality, or behaviors.  A warm smile and compliment will win over just about anyone. :-)
"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone." Henry David Thoreau

Contract2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 10, 2009, 11:01:06 PM »
My best friend is a Korean. He introduced me to Korean BBQ, Kim Chee (sp?), I even know how to say hello in Korean...Yeabaseaooo. I take my shoes off when I'm in his house and everything. I even listen to a Korean rapper named son of ran. All my Korean homeboys try to emulate my style, etc. but they're cool. No hatred over here.

Because they don't know you're racist. 

kkeasi

• MSN Messenger - kkeasi@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #105 on: June 28, 2009, 06:51:47 PM »
I had so many black friends back in high school...so let me tell ya

black guys just love asian girls so they love korean girls.
black girls don't like asian girls because black guys love asian girls.

That's it.
I don't know about korean guys. sorry

and I love black girls!!! they are so cute
but black guys scare me

eyeoftheligrr

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 28, 2009, 10:39:39 PM »
but black guys scare me

THIS.  argggg!  >:(

I hear this all the time from Korean middle school students.  I calmly explain to them that there is nothing to fear.  I don't judge them because (a) they are all sixteen or younger and (b) most of them have never met a black person.

You are an adult who has known African(-American?) folks personally.  Your point of view reflects poorly on you as an individual.  Assuming you are Korean, your point of view also lends credence to the (equally prejudiced) idea that Koreans are racist.

Contract2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 28, 2009, 11:02:49 PM »
but black guys scare me

THIS.  argggg!  >:(

I have been told so many times that lots of non-black females (as well as young children) are scared of black people, especially black guys. 

eyeoftheligrr

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 29, 2009, 12:52:05 AM »
Conclusion?

perezr8

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 01, 2009, 01:53:46 PM »
Has any one seen the movie "don't be a menace in south central while drinking you juice in the hood"" HURRY UP AND BUY!!