Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Shacking Up  (Read 10559 times)

YoungIke

Re: Shacking Up
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2005, 01:43:54 PM »
Thatís great that you left that alone. However, I believe the time that woman take to find that out turns a lot of would be men into bad boys. Contrary to what most men will tell you, a lot of the stuff we do in life is to get women to notice us. I think we both (as in genders) need to learn maturity and to wait in that maturity until we find what is right for us. There is just too much compromising on principles.

IMO that is also a maturity issue. I used to like all that running around, drama, challenge of having a "bad boy". Now that I am older and don't have time or patience for a millisecond games, I enjoy the stability of having a mature, adult relationship with no cut-cards and no playing around.

Silly Rabbit - trix are for KIDS!!!

But to echo my man Superocdman (Hard Dap).  What is it about women and bad boys. Why do you love us (I mean them) so much.

THE BLUE SWEATER

• Sr. Citizen
  • Home of the Blue Sweater
    • AOL Instant Messenger - kingofzamundaa
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2005, 01:44:46 PM »
It's like a train wreck you can't help but watch.
UVA Class of 2009

Find out just what people will submit to, and you have found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them..  The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress.

-Fredrick Douglass

THE BLUE SWEATER

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2005, 01:47:48 PM »
That's very true. It's frustrating for young men that they shouldbe this and that, then get passed over by women for guys whoare doing the exact opposite.
UVA Class of 2009

Find out just what people will submit to, and you have found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them..  The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress.

-Fredrick Douglass

faith2005

« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2005, 01:52:15 PM »
but guys, i don't think all women are like that. if you meet a girl and thats what she's about, you have to let it go, even if you like her. i've met guys that i think are cool, and one or two have said things like, oh i'm too bad for you or something like that. and i say, ok, cool. i think maya angelou said something like when people tell you who they are then believe them. i know some signals have to have let you know they were about creating conflict and drama...

THE BLUE SWEATER

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2005, 01:57:42 PM »

but guys, i don't think all women are like that. if you meet a girl and thats what she's about, you have to let it go, even if you like her. i've met guys that i think are cool, and one or two have said things like, oh i'm too bad for you or something like that. and i say, ok, cool. i think maya angelou said something like when people tell you who they are then believe them. i know some signals have to have let you know they were about creating conflict and drama...

I'm sure it isn't all women, however it would be fair to say a disproportional amount of women, and not just young ones either have this mindset.
UVA Class of 2009

-Fredrick Douglass

YoungIke

« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2005, 01:58:53 PM »
Saw the picture, smiled and moved on. But you are right about the signs, but you forget guys tend not to pay attention to detail right away. You have to real crazy for us not to at least try.

faith2005

« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2005, 02:17:34 PM »
disproportional? really? well, look at who the girl is hanging out with, what she talks about. i don't think the number is disproportional though. but i'm sure y'all have more experience than i do. good luck to you both.  :D

YoungIke

« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2005, 02:33:44 PM »
Experiece ::) You must have missed the angel wings  8)

but i'm sure y'all have more experience than i do. good luck to you both. :D

angmill08

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2005, 02:50:39 PM »
Just my $0.02 as a lurker and sometimes poster...

I'm suprised by all the anti-shacking up sentiment. If you love each other, enjoy being around each other, are interested in making your relationship more serious but don't believe in/aren't ready for marriage, why not live together? 

And if you are dating a guy who believes, "why buy the cow when I can get the milk for free", why would you want to marry him?
164/3.46 Undergrad GPA, graduated college in 1996.
Applied: UT Austin (ED), Univ. of Houston, George Washington U & American U.
Accepted: Univ. of Houston, GW, American
Attending: GW, Fall 2006

faith2005

« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2005, 02:53:00 PM »
ike--i don't know what you're talking about, angel wings? and what do you mean you saw the picture, smiled and moved on?  :D