Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Shacking Up  (Read 10268 times)

YoungIke

Re: Shacking Up
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2005, 01:18:26 PM »
Guys in the Locker Room Talking

Guy #1: I heard your getting married

Guy #2: Yea we been living together six years

Guy#1: Yea I guess it was about that time

Guy #2: Yea, I figured I might as well

Guy #1: Well, Keep your head up dog

I say shacking up is great. I've been doing it for seven years.
Many of my friends have done it too. Three of my recently married friends have done the shacking-up thing.
Oh, and my coworker just got engaged to her shacking man of six years. All of these couples are in it for the long haul, as far as I can see.

faith2005

« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2005, 01:22:34 PM »
well ike, you've outdone yourself once again.  :D

THE BLUE SWEATER

• Sr. Citizen
  • Home of the Blue Sweater
    • AOL Instant Messenger - kingofzamundaa
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2005, 01:23:07 PM »
yeah thats cold very well be my problem. Maturity level at howard in your opinon Roxie?
UVA Class of 2009

Find out just what people will submit to, and you have found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them..  The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress.

-Fredrick Douglass

YoungIke

« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2005, 01:29:24 PM »
In the immortal words of Whitney Houston "I love you more!"

well ike, you've outdone yourself once again. :D

Roxie

• Sr. Citizen
  • Who wants a clean house!?!?!?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2005, 01:33:13 PM »
I didn't go to undergrad at Howard so I don't know.  Plus, I wouldn't make a blanket statement about maturity anyway.  It is a matter of experience.  The things that I have been through and mistakes I have made make me a lot more mature than a lot of my friends my age.  You wouldn't be able to tell my emotional maturity by looking at me, my age or anything else....you only know that by getting to know me (or me telling my business on BLSD like a dummy!!! 8))

Plus, (again like Momma used to say), you get what you give off.  No matter what vibe you "think" you are giving, there is a reason that you are attracting a certain type.  I was attracting scrubs bcuz I was not ready for a real man yet, despite what I thought.

yeah thats cold very well be my problem. Maturity level at howard in your opinon Roxie?
Think before you speak.

THE BLUE SWEATER

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2005, 01:34:12 PM »
Speaking of Whitney have any of yall seen that bobby brown show. I'm mad at him for what he did to her.
UVA Class of 2009

Find out just what people will submit to, and you have found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them..  The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress.

-Fredrick Douglass

YoungIke

« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2005, 01:34:48 PM »
But to echo my man Superocdman (Hard Dap).  What is it about women and bad boys. Why do you love us (I mean them) so much.

Roxie

• Sr. Citizen
  • Who wants a clean house!?!?!?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2005, 01:37:19 PM »
IMO that is also a maturity issue.  I used to like all that running around, drama, challenge of having a "bad boy". Now that I am older and don't have time or patience for a millisecond games, I enjoy the stability of having a mature, adult relationship with no cut-cards and no playing around.

Silly Rabbit - trix are for KIDS!!!

But to echo my man Superocdman (Hard Dap).  What is it about women and bad boys. Why do you love us (I mean them) so much.
Think before you speak.

THE BLUE SWEATER

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2005, 01:38:05 PM »
That's good to hear.
UVA Class of 2009

-Fredrick Douglass

faith2005

« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2005, 01:41:48 PM »
haha, what is that from? her and bobby's show? i don't watch that.  :D

In the immortal words of Whitney Houston "I love you more!"

well ike, you've outdone yourself once again. :D